• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Did y'all know that Bernie Sanders voted for the crime bill? Can we all acknowledge that fact so RJ doesn't mention it in every third post due to some weird Pavlovian shit? Its like Brad with Stacey Abrams at this point.

I took Jones' comments to be critical of those who don't think race plays a role in politics - he literally calls out "post-race, colorblind" dems. You don't agree?

I agree. I just don't think it was necessary to tie them to one candidate.

Trump had a presser in the Rose Garden without mentioning Floyd or Minneaoplis and ran away rather than answering a single question.

Did y'all know that Bernie Sanders voted for the crime bill? Can we all acknowledge that fact so RJ doesn't mention it in every third post due to some weird Pavlovian shit? Its like Brad with Stacey Abrams at this point.

I'd love to see the Crew acknowledge it and Bernie's butsecks with the NRA.

Like MHB, Townie, MDMH and other extremist Lwers bringing up Biden's crime bill vote? I notice you don't say anything about that.

The degree of MLK whitewashing on the Internet today is....a lot.

I saw somebody post a list of MLK quotes white people never use. I'll post it here if I run across them.

Like MHB, Townie, MDMH and other extremist Lwers bringing up Biden's crime bill vote? I notice you don't say anything about that.
That comparison doesn't track because Biden *wrote* the fucking crime bill and held other legislation hostage to get the crime bill passed.

I saw somebody post a list of MLK quotes white people never use. I'll post it here if I run across them.

There’s a great book Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America that covers some of this as well. A great read overall specifically now but really ever.

From Kentucky protests around the killing of Breonna Taylor.

I've been mostly avoiding the news and this board for the last week or two because it makes me depressed and angry, mainly because I believe this country is fucked beyond repair.

That being said this shit is insane, but not remotely surprising. Yang's tweet below really nailed it for me. The public backlash of anger and violence was overdue. Racially and economically this country is so fucking crooked and backwards its really hard to comprehend. And what makes it worse is that our leaders to try to pretend that it is not.

I don't know how we come back from this. There's going to be a lot of the blood the next couple of years. The non-ruling class have been getting manhandled for too long. Systematic racism and class warfare will be rebuked in the streets, not at the ballot.

I know I lectured you a month ago about seeing the positive side of human nature, and while I maintain that people are inherently good, I’ve come around to your perspective on this country. It’s irrevocably flawed and beyond hope for redemption at this point save for revolution, I fear. Things are gonna get real bad, real soon and with good reason.

[h=1]4 white Missouri cops sued for alleged brutality on 68-year-old black woman and son in a Sam’s Club[/h]https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-missouri-cops-sued-for-alleged-police-brutality-woman-son-sams-club-20200519-dsdsfrzunrhsdnqp7qxuoavz2y-story.html

Four white police officers allegedly used excessive force on a 68-year-old black woman and her adult son after the son was wrongly accused of stealing a TV in a Missouri Sam’s Club, a new lawsuit claims.
At the Sam’s Club, Derek purchased a 65-inch Sony Bravia flat-screen TV for his mother, along with other items, Stroth said.

When they tried to load the massive TV in their 2018 Lexus SUV and realized it wouldn’t fit, they asked the store to hold it until Derek could retrieve it later.

A Des Peres Police officer in the store mistakenly thought he was stealing the TV when he returned later. The officer followed Derek to his SUV and voiced his suspicion before a store employee intervened and explained the TV was paid for, the lawsuit said.

Despite receiving this information, the officer still called the Des Peres Police Department and “falsely reported that he had ‘witnessed Gray steal a TV and place it in the parked vehicle,’” the lawsuit states.

When Derek reported the incident to his mom, they decided to return the TV due to the experience with the false allegations, the lawsuit states.

While the Grays were at the store seeking a refund, the four officers, including the one who made the emergency call, “violently and physically seized Marvia Gray and Derek Gray, throwing them to the floor, beating them, handcuffing them, then arresting them," the paperwork states.

Who the hell would just lift a TV in broad daylight? That's fucked up, especially about the mom getting beat down. If I'm Sam's Club I'm settling that one before I get any more press.

I'm white, so I don't understand what it's like to be a black man in America and I am pretty fucking sure I'd personally don't want to have that feeling. But I sure as hell can see we might be beyond the tipping point where this just turns into rage across the country.

I know I lectured you a month ago about seeing the positive side of human nature, and while I maintain that people are inherently good, I’ve come around to your perspective on this country. It’s irrevocably flawed and beyond hope for redemption at this point save for revolution, I fear. Things are gonna get real bad, real soon and with good reason.

Agreed. Country seems irretrievably polarized. When 40% of the country refuses to contemporaneously disapprove of the joke of a president we have it's a serious serious problem. And these people will assuredly say in the future that they NEVER supported this guy when he's objectively rated as a bottom 3 president of all time in 30+ years - just like George Wallace supporters seem to have disappeared from the national landscape.

Not sure where you go from here, but when the establishment continues to trend towards fascism and one of the two parties is just riding that wave of power wherever it takes them I'm not sure you have much of a choice overall.

Who the hell would just lift a TV in broad daylight? That's fucked up, especially about the mom getting beat down. If I'm Sam's Club I'm settling that one before I get any more press.

I'm white, so I don't understand what it's like to be a black man in America and I am pretty fucking sure I'd personally don't want to have that feeling. But I sure as hell can see we might be beyond the tipping point where this just turns into rage across the country.

It's beyond fucked up that cops would accost someone for walking about of a store with a 65" TV. I could see someone shoplifting small items. But a 65" TV? You don't just shoplift that. Then the store staff told the cops the TV was paid for and the cops didn't let it go. When they were trying to avoid conflict and just get their money back, that's when the cops brutalized them. That's not security. That's not law enforcement. That's thuggery. They thought they got shown up and sought revenge.

My wife asked me this morning when we were going to have a serious conversation in the country about police. I told her that there's plenty of people who have been trying to have that discussion for decades and continue to speak into the void, but there are too many people who hold the structural power who refuse to do so. So if the volume isn't going to change who hears it, you may as well scream to make your point IMO.

Back