• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Yeah. The second amendment is an anachronism that we should apply only to weapons of the type when it was drafted.

Otherwise, sensibly regulate guns.

Please.

Almost everyone can see the sense in this.

Except those wicked enough to dishonestly and destructively use the issue in their grasping for political power and those duped by these conniving bastards.

Graphic body camera video shows police firing nearly a dozen shots, injuring 13-year-old boy with autism

Earlier in September, Barton had called 911 earlier saying her son was having a mental breakdown and she needed help getting him to the hospital. She asked for a crisis intervention officer to come to the scene.

"My son has severe, severe, uh — he does not like cops at all, and so that's why we need a mental health worker," her 911 audio says.

Four police officers arrived on the scene. Barton warned them her son feared police because sheriff's deputies shot and killed her father in January.

Police chased a kid they had been told was afraid of police, and shot him 11 times.

No real surprise I’m sure but I have no guns and have never shot a gun. Never felt like I needed a gun, don’t ever plan on owning one.

No real surprise I’m sure but I have no guns and have never shot a gun. Never felt like I needed a gun, don’t ever plan on owning one.

You’re too far away to come hide in my basement when the Civil War comes, numbers. I’ll tell the tales of your mafia ineptitude to my children’s children. Your name will live on.

The big difference between the parties is clear.

These people disagree with us. What should we do?

Democrats: Vote
Republicans: Kill them

You may think I’m going too far but look at the rhetoric coming from the right against protesters. There’s no such thing as peaceful protest. Everything is a riot that should be met with swift violence. There’s no such thing as unjustified police violence or gun violence in general. Even I didn’t think they’d stoop so low as to celebrate a mass shooter. But that’s how low they are right now. There’s no redemption for this.

That’s why people on the left who are criticizing voting are so off base. No level of organizing will sway these people. They hate us. We have to marginalize them by voting en mass to elect people who will right the system. And even you don’t think the Democrat will right the system, so what? We do know the Republican won’t.

Last edited:
Its not too far. In order to vote the gop wants a citizen to have valid ID, secrecy envelope inside another envelope, witness, perfect signature, no mistakes filling out the ballot. Aquire a gun? Nothing? Break the law, acquire and carry a gun across state lines, kill people? Why, help with legal defense and a great big attaboy.

This all feels very Purge-like.

I saw a video with a side by side comparison of a Trump ad with The Purge: Election Day trailer. I’ll find it.

Are you thinking of the Crooked series?

Comparison at ~13:30, whole ad and discussion at ~10:50

Yep. That's it. Good series by the way. Good guests and good analysis. I love Alex Wagner. Smart, gives few fucks, smoking hot.

I’ve shot a lot of guns in my life, and they’re very fun. I don’t support abolishing gun ownership, I just want to regulate the absolute shit out of it so that people don’t have arsenals of weapons, and so that weapons and ammunition are registered. A major problem with additional regulation is that you have to consider that laws aren’t applied equally to poors and minorities as white and wealthy gun owners. Inequitable and racist enforcement has to be considered in gun control

Last edited:
The thing is that we don't have to repeal the 2nd amendment, we can just roll it back to its original intention and allow anyone to own non-automatic weapons. Because that's all they had back in the 1780's.

Or we could get super constructionist and force anybody who owns a weapon to be a member of a "well regulated militia". Meaning you have to report to state militia meeting every month or two, take gun safety classes, and be screened for mental health. If you refuse to join the "well regulated militia" then you lose the right to bear arms.

I'd actually be ok with this and I'm one of those "wacko" concealed carry guys.

I’ve shot a lot of guns in my life, and they’re very fun. I don’t support abolishing gun ownership, I just want to regulate the absolute shit out of it so that people don’t have arsenals of weapons, and so that weapons and ammunition are registered. A major problem with additional regulation is that you have to consider that laws aren’t applied equally to poors and minorities as white and wealthy gun owners. Inequitable and racist enforcement has to be considered in gun control

Agreed. Having grown up in a rural area, I have no problems with people owning hunting rifles and other weapons for hunting, or perhaps a pistol for home protection. But this notion that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has an absolute right to stockpile pretty much any weapon they want, for any reason whatsoever, and to get as many of them as they want, is nuts and needs to stop. I also agree that any gun control and registration laws need to apply equally to everyone.

I also have my concealed carry permit but almost never actually do so.

If we are traveling late at night I may bring it in the truck but it’s been awhile.

It’s far too easy to purchase guns and I think that should be regulated.

Good people on both sides! Really glad nothing has changed in 40 years...

Back