• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

There is a new rule for protesters. They must be in constant motion. Protests often go to a specific location and stay there.

What about old people? what about people who are handicapped? They can't keep moving for hours.

This rule is destined to create problems.

There is a new rule for protesters. They must be in constant motion. Protests often go to a specific location and stay there.

What about old people? what about people who are handicapped? They can't keep moving for hours.

Spoken from experience?

Whoever is making the decisions whether it be the curfew, the release of the videotape, use of tear gas, or now this constant motion nonsense seems PRIMARILY interested in simply trying to get rid of the protesters.

What they seem to fail to grasp is that whole community feels like they've gotten absolutely nothing but a police department slow walking an investigation into its own while the community gets gassed for their actions in response to that slow walk.

Until the police department has to give up or has something done to them by federal or other authorities for the dead kid on the street the anger will not dissipate and the protesters will not simply melt away. Every night the cops gas the protesters they lose. Simple as that.

What boggles my mind is how the one or two solutions of having Mr. Officer Trigger Happy be charged/or indicted or have the actual incident/deadly force report released has not happened. The kid was gunned down. Since that point the authorities have done pretty much nothing right.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/repo...ov-nixon-deployed-national-guard/:tard::rulz:

Last edited:
I mean, from reading the "knockout game" thread, the mere presence of a black dude walking toward you on the same side of the street should be interpreted as a threat. And when you threaten an armed cop, you may just end up dead.

You arguing now that the kid is not dead?

I agree. People should be allowed to protest peacefully on public property wherever they like.

A couple of weeks ago in small town Indiana. An 80+ year old grandma and her 16 year old grand daughter were raided by SWAT for allegedly threatening the local police dept via twitter. After the raid and arrests it was revealed that the threatening tweets were actually coming from a known gang member that lives two doors down. He had been stealing the grandmother's wifi signal. Raid was filmed by SWAT GoPro Helmet Cam. Scary shit.

The St. Louis County DA needs to recuse himself. There are many questions about his previous behavior and even some statements about this event. Virtually no one trusts him.

What's this about constant movement?

I'm no constitutional law scholar but that seems like an unreasonable time, place, or manner restriction.

A couple of weeks ago in small town Indiana. An 80+ year old grandma and her 16 year old grand daughter were raided by SWAT for allegedly threatening the local police dept via twitter. After the raid and arrests it was revealed that the threatening tweets were actually coming from a known gang member that lives two doors down. He had been stealing the grandmother's wifi signal. Raid was filmed by SWAT GoPro Helmet Cam. Scary shit.

You have got to be fucking kidding me! This should be mandatory viewing for the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about" crowd. I can't believe so many people put so much trust in our governmental authorities and bureaucracies.

The problem with these military style swat raids is that if you are completely innocent you have no idea what the fuck is going on. Either they do a no knock raid, or in this case bang on the door 3 times yell police come to the door while almost immediately breaking windows and launching into assault the house everyone considered hostile. As a homeowner you do have nothing to hide and have no reason to believe that someone would be assaulting your house so either you are absolutely terrified and harassed for no reason let me shit my pants or let me defend my house, get my gun, and then who knows what happens. Its fucking ridiculous that these things get signed off on. If you wan't to be military and live the call of duty lifestyle in the suburbs join the military and go fight a real war.

You have got to be fucking kidding me! This should be mandatory viewing for the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about" crowd. I can't believe so many people put so much trust in our governmental authorities and bureaucracies.

I can.

I agree with most of what you say, but you can't indict someone overnight. Especially in a high profile case like this, the investigation has to be thorough because, if not, the defense will crush the prosecutor on a claim it was done in response to public pressure or publicity. (See, Duke Lacrosse) I don't think the prosecutor has to go through the grand jury in Missouri, but I would think the prosecutor would here if he chooses indict to further insulate himself. This all takes time.

To quote Bob Dylan, now ain't the time for your tears.

Mike Brown was indicted and sentenced to death overnight. You're making a broad generalization based on the "law."

Mike Brown was indicted and sentenced to death overnight. You're making a broad generalization based on the "law."

Look man, you can't start a season 1-4 with Kobe Bryant and not expect to get the needle. They don't play that shit in LA.

the press conference from the forensic scientists was pretty damning.

Oh goodie, Obama to make a statement at 4:00 on the situation. Im sure this will solve all the problems

In what way?

commented that the only wounds that were fatal were the ones that appeared to be from when he was bent over. appeared from one of the wounds on the arm that it is likely he was turned around or had his hands up.

Back