• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

oh hell yeah!

ryanmathclean.jpg

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2019-08-15/police-shootings-are-a-leading-cause-of-death-for-black-men

About 1 in 1,000 black men and boys in America can expect to die at the hands of police, according to a new analysis of deaths involving law enforcement officers. That makes them 2.5 times more likely than white men and boys to die during an encounter with cops.

The analysis also showed that Latino men and boys, black women and girls and Native American men, women and children are also killed by police at higher rates than their white peers. But the vulnerability of black males was particularly striking.

“That 1-in-1,000 number struck us as quite high,” said study leader Frank Edwards, a sociologist at Rutgers University. “That’s better odds of being killed by police than you have of winning a lot of scratch-off lottery games.”

The number-crunching by Edwards and his coauthors also revealed that for all young men, police violence was one of the leading causes of death in the years 2013 to 2018.

So the gun isn’t on him when he’s shot and it only appears later in the video when officers are near him?

It’s hard to watch police gun down someone who looks like me because I know it could be me or my sons or somebody else I care about. I’ve watched enough of them at this point.

I know it’s sport for you and you think I’m “LOL triggered” or whatever. It’s personal for me. It’s tough for me to watch. It’s terrifying. This isn’t a game. The basic concept of innocent until proven guilty continues to be eroded for black men and you cheer.

Last edited:
Yea. Why is it so hard for white guys to have some empathy for black people?

Junebug, what if that was a relative of yours? Would you be shrugging your shoulders and saying “well sorry kids he shouldn’t have run,” or would you be asking if something else could’ve been done when the kid was running away? Even if he had a gun?

I watched the video. That fucking sucks and he didn’t have to die. He reached for the waistband and quickly abandoned the effort in my view. And then when they cut his pants off you can see why. Just let the kid run, if he ditches the gun who cares they will get him and have prints on the gun. Instead some kid who made a bad decision is dead and gone but doesn’t have to be. Defending the quick trigger especially in the case of popping off 3 in the back is shitty.

Also you didn’t answer the question about what if that was one of your relatives.

The videos I watched ended with the shots ringing out and the kid falling, didn’t see the rest but read stories that ended with some ambiguity about whether he had a gun and the attorneys quote was that he did not

Nevertheless, he ran away from the cops. You don’t murder people running away from you because you think they may have a gun. Your position is not in line with police training or the law, counselor.

I’m wondering if they thought these guys were armed robbery suspects why they didn’t lock down the area and and create a dragnet approach to the radius and warn the neighborhood to stay inside and close in on them with police in body armor and when they found them then order them to the ground etc. the whole thing looked hackneyed

I just watched those body cams... nope nope nope. Where was the threat? Did the suspect have a gun? Sure. Did he have the ability to shoot anyone? Not from his crotch. Was there jeopardy? He was probably more likely to shoot himself in the leg than anyone else.

I was not there. I am just basing off of what I saw in several body cam videos but no other info.

Yea. Bottom line is the kid didn’t have to die. There were other means of justice in that scenario. Junebug still hasn’t answered how he’d feel if that were someone related to him, too.

"Kids these days need to pull up their pants and look respectable. "

"Kill him! He's reaching for his waistband! "

Back