• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

We shot each other with BB guns. Still never shot anybody with a real gun. Never even stabbed anyone.

We we definitely shot each other with BB guns as a kid. I have witnessed someone getting shot during a break in one time but that's about it.

I don’t know what can be done about this. How can a profession change when it clearly attracts the worst people yet has undying support from a majority of Americans. I’m sure if I go on social media, there some angry white guy defending a cop putting a plastic bag on the head of a handcuffed 12 year old boy.

I don’t know what can be done about this. How can a profession change when it clearly attracts the worst people yet has undying support from a majority of Americans. I’m sure if I go on social media, there some angry white guy defending a cop putting a plastic bag on the head of a handcuffed 12 year old boy.

Hell, just give it a couple days and somebody will defend it on here.

There are some truly shameful posts on this thread.

When you have people who believe “rule of law” includes police beating and killing children and it also includes ignoring Congressional subpoenas, they’re just authoritarians.

Watched the first episode last night. Great storytelling. Even knowing a lot of the facts about the case, I was super pissed by the end. Our justice system is a joke.

That we have a president who took out a full page ad to advocate for the death of these kids is horrifying.

That we knew that and elected him anyway is even more horrifying. Trump has always been a piece of shit.

4 year old girl walked out of a dollar store with a Barbie that wasn't paid for. Phoenix cop cuffed her dad and threaten to shoot her mom. Other cops just watched.
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/phoenix-police-investigating-officers-after-video-shows-alleged-misconduct

"You’re going to get [expletive deleted] shot," said an police officer, in the video.
"Shut the [expletive deleted] up," said an officer, in the video.
In the first minute of the video, officers are seen with guns drawn, and a total of 16 expletives are lobbed at the family.

The officer who initially confronted the family, kicked the leg of Ames with him already in handcuffs. 30 seconds later, that same officer returns to confront the mother with her children.
"It was crazy, very scary over a dollar store. I would have bought that doll had I knew," said Aesha Harper.
"There was about 12 officers out there, and they all looked in disgust at that guy," said Ames. "That one guy who was really acting up, they looked at him in disgust. the way he was acting. All over a Barbie doll."

I know some bristle when people call cops pussies. But if your job is to protect and serve and one of your cop buddies is cussing at and threatening to shoot a mom because her daughter left a dollar store with a Barbie doll, you're a pussy for not putting him in his place and getting him the hell off the squad.

Last edited:
Continued...

I have a friend in academia who works with police departments to help them avoid these things. He said a huge move that would help would be for police payouts to victims to not come from taxpayers. Police departments should have to insure themselves as a sort of malpractice insurance.

I have a friend in academia who works with police departments to help them avoid these things. He said a huge move that would help would be for police payouts to victims to not come from taxpayers. Police departments should have to insure themselves as a sort of malpractice insurance.

Or just abolish the police.

Back