• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

So based on soccer transfer rules, he will be eligible to play when?

I believe the upcoming season under the qualifier one time exception transfer, pending St. Johns okayed it.

Edit: clarity.

Last edited:
I believe the upcoming season under the qualifier one time exception transfer, pending St. Johns okayed it.

Edit: clarity.

Thanks for the info. Too used to the football/basketball sit a season at your new school transfer rules.

Seems like this happens every year, but still no official announcement of the signing class. One verbal still hasn't been recognized as official on twitter, and as always, we may be exploring a foreign signing as well.

I'm now wondering if they are saving the official class announcement for the soccer banquet. If so, that's a pretty cool incentive to go and hear about each player that has committed.

The boys are now hosting Duke this Thursday at 8:15. Weather looks perfect for an evening game.

A new commit for Wake soccer. Omar Hernandez from Dalton (Ga) HS.
He's scored 16 goals so far this year in 12 games and the team has already clinched the regional championship.
Dalton is a powerhouse. They went 64 games without a loss, have won multiple state championships and were ranked #1 in the country last year.
He chose Wake over SMU, South Carolina, South Florida and Central Florida.

Dalton is the same HS that Nate Mays, our LB, is from.

A new commit for Wake soccer. Omar Hernandez from Dalton (Ga) HS.
He's scored 16 goals so far this year in 12 games and the team has already clinched the regional championship.
Dalton is a powerhouse. They went 64 games without a loss, have won multiple state championships and were ranked #1 in the country last year.
He chose Wake over SMU, South Carolina, South Florida and Central Florida.

Dalton is the same HS that Nate Mays, our LB, is from.

I know nothing about high school soccer. But that seems like an odd part of Georgia to be a soccer powerhouse. Is it spill over from Chattanooga?

I know nothing about high school soccer. But that seems like an odd part of Georgia to be a soccer powerhouse. Is it spill over from Chattanooga?

Not at all.
Dalton and Whitfield County is a center for HS soccer, primarily due to the Hispanic population.
Georgia overall has very good teams and a couple of years ago 3 of the final 4 teams for the state championship were all from Dalton.
Also, Dalton State College has a pretty good team that is loaded with local talent. Kerem Daser, an ex Wake player, is the coach.

Top Drawer Soccer released their latest version of 2018 Team Recruiting Rankings recently, but you need a subscription to get access to it. Looks like UCLA came in at #1 this year

It’d be cool if they announced the time of the game this weekend before Friday. That can’t be asking much. Also, maybe let me do a twitter takeover of the game considering they didn’t tweet once about the last game?

It’d be cool if they announced the time of the game this weekend before Friday. That can’t be asking much. Also, maybe let me do a twitter takeover of the game considering they didn’t tweet once about the last game?

I wonder if there might be some NCAA policy that prohibits how much the school can cover spring soccer? Wake hasn’t tweeted during spring games for years and I just looked and, as an example, UNC hasn’t tweeted during games this year either.

It'd be cool if they bothered to post the scores from the Spring games that have been played already, too.

Back