• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Serious q - is our goalie good? He seems crafty but man he is small for a goalie. I assume he is well credentialed but was just curious what those in the know think?

Very good keeper for the style of football we play. We have total confidence that we can knock the ball back to him and retain possession. He is important to how we played this year and will be next year, I presume.

About 150 USYNT players from U16-U20 have been called into camp in Florida. Wake had Mark McKenzie, Justin McMaster, Brandon Servania, and in-coming commit Isaiah Parente.

Also, someone hit us with a new title. I hate seeing Stanford in the title.

Last edited:
Apologize if this has been addressed in this thread, but how strong is WF's incoming futbol recruiting class?

in 2017, they had 9 freshman and ranked #3 recruiting class (behind, yuck, stanford and UNC) by 2 sites. Not sure about 2018, or if classes have been signed yet.

Last edited:
Good point about the title, will change it. Has the spring season schedule been posted yet?

A couple of interesting statements I've seen on Twitter recently: Wake Forest is the kind of program where you can go there for a year and keep your scholarship in perpetuity to finish your degree down the road. That is a big attraction for parents of academy kids who are a little bit of seasoning short of the pro level when they hit age 18.

From Jon Bakero: "Wake Forest is hands down the best place for college soccer in America, in terms of the culture, the facilities we have, the coaches... and the support we get from the fans and the whole university."

Also, the Wake soccer banquet this year is open to the public, which is a really cool move.

Back