• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

For those who have watched the team, who are our standouts? Harkes? Gamble? Would love to hear about some of the individual players.

On a related note, I really miss Spry. What a cool place to catch a game.

For those who have watched the team, who are our standouts? Harkes? Gamble? Would love to hear about some of the individual players.

On a related note, I really miss Spry. What a cool place to catch a game.

I've been impressed with freshman defender Kris Reaves. I also think Ricky Greensfelder has stepped up as a goal scorer this year. Jon Bakero is also coming along and improving each match.

I've been impressed with freshman defender Kris Reaves. I also think Ricky Greensfelder has stepped up as a goal scorer this year. Jon Bakero is also coming along and improving each match.

Agree with all of this. Jacori Hayes is fun to watch too. He's small, but very fast and all over the field.

WFU Soccer

Gamble is a beast in the midfield but has been hit or miss in finishing chances. He is not a forward obviously. Think he will do well in an attacking midfielder role at the next level.

Harkes is pretty much the linchpin of the team - he makes some pretty incredible plays look routine. Gamble is fantastic even though he's a better mid than a true striker, and a lot of this season's hopes ride on him staying healthy which is no guarantee. Reaves has been good, Jared Odenbeck has been a solid choice in the bottom of the diamond but he needs to keep his emotions in check.

Hunter Bandy is probably my favorite player to watch on the field aside from Harkes. Last year he slotted in as a right wing and now he's a left back and has done a tremendous job. Lots of speed, box-to-box runs and just a lot of good energy.

All over Duke early but we can't put it in. Several very good scoring chances for the Deacs.

Sam Fink with a nice header off that free kick from Harkes. Deacs lead 1-0 at the end of the first half.

not familiar with his dad. not the biggest soccer fan though

This team has a ton of talent. Back line is still susceptible to the CA, but the MF is getting back to late 00's days.

Back