• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

YESSSSSS! WAKE WITH A BEAUTIFUL GOAL!!!!!!!!! UP 2-1

Wooooooot.

What are all the UVA guys wearing behind their ear? Bug patch?

Now park the bus in front of the goal and counter when possible

what is up with the no time wasting on the throw in?

The soccer team is the mirror image of the football team. Great offense, suspect defense. If they can improve the defense, they could go a little ways in the NCAA.

The soccer team is the mirror image of the football team. Great offense, suspect defense. If they can improve the defense, they could go a little ways in the NCAA.

How likely is it that we make the field?

WFU Soccer - WFU beats UVA 2-1 at UVA!

What are all the UVA guys wearing behind their ear? Bug patch?

Don't know if this is it, but I have heard of patches - actually, small accelerometers - being worn behind an athlete's ear and used to measure head impact. Could be a diagnostic tool that they have adopted or they could be participating in a concussion study.

Last edited:
Watched much of the game - big win. I am not a soccer guru at all...it seemed to me that Wake was constantly looking for the big hit (breakaway - lots of long passes) and losing possession regularly, especially with a man advantage. I would like to have seen much more build up. The talent is definitely there...sometimes possibly to a detriment as try to be a bit too pretty. I was not aware how young the Deacs are.....starting 4 Freshman. Hope that they close the year strong with a few more wins and get into the tournament. As 3rd highest scoring team in nation, avoid the back end mistakes and this is a very dangerous team.

Lost in the fact that UVA knocks us out of the postseason every year is that we have owned them in the regular season in recent years

You guys are squarely on the bubble right now assuming there aren't tons of bid stealers. Another good win or two and you should be good

Even with our brutal schedule? In years past, it seemed as though we got in at or around .500.

Back