• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I am assuming that is based on number of recruits. Just didn't see any recruits inside the top 25. I could be totally wrong...

Do all of the top HS players go to college or do some go pro?

Do all of the top HS players go to college or do some go pro?

A few go pro and we’ve lost a few to that route over the past couple years.

I remember reading in the winter that Muuss was going to change his recruiting approach a bit. I took that to mean he was going to go after more 4 year players, but that may just been me reading into it.

Some highly rated recruits but I was expecting a little better from the second best program in the country.
Look at the competing offers - we beat out Virginia, Duke, Carolina, Akron, Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, Stanford, UCLA for those recruits. I most definitely trust that group of coaching staffs in their talent evaluation over whoever contributes to Top Drawer Soccer.

Look at the competing offers - we beat out Virginia, Duke, Carolina, Akron, Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, Stanford, UCLA for those recruits. I most definitely trust that group of coaching staffs in their talent evaluation over whoever contributes to Top Drawer Soccer.

This.

I’m guessing he might be referring to the lack of blue chipper we’ve had in the past — Bone, Gamble, Harrison, Servania, etc. But ultimately hard to with #2 in the country — especially if it gives us more four year players.

sounds like the transfer will also start from day 1 which is nice to see

Exactly. We have some marquee commits in the class. Parente, Rula, and Holcomb for sure. It's great that Parente is already enrolled and likely playing a bit. TDS can only do so much. Typically, they travel to big tournaments and rate players on a window of a weekend. Offers and National Team camps to me show the real story. Quite a few of our guys have that.

One thing I do see glaring with this class is that we still haven't addressed our height, especially across the back 4. We can't turn a blind eye to the fact we have continually conceded on set pieces. Stanford said as much after they knocked us out. Cases has been great, but he's not a huge presence in the air. There are maybe 1-2 teams that can play as tidy a game as we can. That's how good our guys are. But, physicality has been where we have seen teams attack us. It's the only factor that can level the playing field. And with a team like Stanford who was just as good, it's what set them apart in the end.

over the past several years, haven't we lost a guy or two over the summer before their freshman season because they opted to play professionally?

over the past several years, haven't we lost a guy or two over the summer before their freshman season because they opted to play professionally?

Yeah, Isaiah Young 2 years ago. I think he's playing in Germany. And last year was Matthew Real who is on the Philly Union.

And of course, Brek Shea for a throwback one.

Brek Shea was apparently going to struggle to get into/stay in school, but that one hurt at the time.

And right on queue, Parente and Holcomb called into the U19s. Bringing in some firepower.

Yeah Isaiah Young went to Werder Bremen, and was playing for their Reserve team last I checked. Ben Swanson too maybe 3-4 years ago. Had no idea about Brek Shea — There were a couple years there where he was absolutely dominant before the Stoke move killed his confidence

Yeah Isaiah Young went to Werder Bremen, and was playing for their Reserve team last I checked. Ben Swanson too maybe 3-4 years ago. Had no idea about Brek Shea — There were a couple years there where he was absolutely dominant before the Stoke move killed his confidence

Brek Shea is a left-footed Marvell Wynne.

Back