• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

And right on queue, Parente and Holcomb called into the U19s. Bringing in some firepower.

Holcomb scored in the U19 opener against Kazakhstan. Sebastian Soto (Cal commit) netted 3. I'm pretty shocked he will be playing college soccer.

Omar Hernandez, a 2019 commit from Dalton (Ga) HS, was named the Georgia Player of the year by Gatorade.
He had 28 goals and 20 assists during the past season.

Former Deac (one year before going pro with DC United), and current Minnesota FC player, Collin Martin, comes out. Only currently active out and open male player in any of the US major pro-leagues. Good for him. I wish we lived in a place where it didn't take courage to do this, but we don't, so good for him for being strong and confident enough to do this.

Former Deac (one year before going pro with DC United), and current Minnesota FC player, Collin Martin, comes out. Only currently active out and open male player in any of the US major pro-leagues. Good for him. I wish we lived in a place where it didn't take courage to do this, but we don't, so good for him for being strong and confident enough to do this.

I can't wait until the day when this isn't big news. Until then...well done, Collin!

Bakero got his first start of the season for the Fire last nigh, but played poorly. Disappeared for much of the match, several bad passes, and a heavy first touch. Looked in way over his head. He was subbed out at half.

Hope he gets it together soon. Was hurt for most of the season and has not done well in limited time.

WOW...first game vs. Indiana...at least it's at home.

Mason Toye was their leading scorer, All-BIG last season as a frosh !

EDIT - Forget Toye, just saw he went pro.

Last edited:
Aristotle Zarris (as well as former Deac Servania) are camping with the U20s at NC State this week. I’m not sure if Zarris was enrolled yet for summer school. The World Cup qualifying is all of November, so I’m not sure how the players will be affected in terms of collegiate games.

WOW...first game vs. Indiana...at least it's at home.

Mason Toye was their leading scorer, All-BIG last season as a frosh !

EDIT - Forget Toye, just saw he went pro.

I guess we'll get to see the younger Conger right off the bat, though.

Edit - Nevermind, he's not going until next year.

Bakero got his first start of the season for the Fire last nigh, but played poorly. Disappeared for much of the match, several bad passes, and a heavy first touch. Looked in way over his head. He was subbed out at half.

Hope he gets it together soon. Was hurt for most of the season and has not done well in limited time.

Bakero traded to Toronto

Muuss nabs a Swedish kid at the 11th hour. Looks like he’s good

Back