• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Wake women lost 1-0 last night. I went to the game and we dominated the game but couldn't finish. Shots were 20-3 with 7 on frame, corners were 10-0 and we had at least 70% possession but just couldn't finish. One shot hit the crossbar and we blew a couple of one on ones with the goalie. Their goal was scored on a slow roller across the face of the goal at about the 6 yard line. Our goalie probably should have gone after it but stayed back. Individually, Torres is a tall, strong freshman with decent foot skills but not the fastest or most creative I've seen. Ridgik the senior was very good but blew one point blank chance.

The team is very young with mostly freshmen and sophomores and I was impressed with how organized they were. Ohio State literally couldn't get it out of their half of the field for the first 20 minutes. The inexperience seemed to show mostly with the finishing.

Wake women lost 1-0 last night. I went to the game and we dominated the game but couldn't finish. Shots were 20-3 with 7 on frame, corners were 10-0 and we had at least 70% possession but just couldn't finish. One shot hit the crossbar and we blew a couple of one on ones with the goalie. Their goal was scored on a slow roller across the face of the goal at about the 6 yard line. Our goalie probably should have gone after it but stayed back. Individually, Torres is a tall, strong freshman with decent foot skills but not the fastest or most creative I've seen. Ridgik the senior was very good but blew one point blank chance.

Thanks for the update. It's safe to say that we have some really significant holes to fill from graduating seniors.

GK: Harris
DEF: Fink, Fagundo, Odenbeck (transfer), Reaves
MID: Hayes, Harkes, Greensfelder/Parker, Bandy
FWD: Gamble, Gent

I would think we'll see many lineups tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if these were the starting XI barring injury.

G-W lost 7-0 against UNC, so I'd like to think we'd see a bit of everyone tonight.

Last edited:
GK: Harris
DEF: Fink, Fagundo, Odenbeck (transfer), Reaves
MID: Hayes, Harkes, Greensfelder/Parker, Bandy
FWD: Gamble, Gent

I would think we'll see many lineups tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if these were the starting XI barring injury.

Thanks. I'm hoping Gamble will take advantage of this opportunity and live up to his press clippings (not that he's played badly but he had some talented people in front of him and he wasn't able to beat them out). Harkes was impressive last year and with his bloodlines and connections, has a chance to be a player on the national scene.

Thanks. I'm hoping Gamble will take advantage of this opportunity and live up to his press clippings (not that he's played badly but he had some talented people in front of him and he wasn't able to beat them out). Harkes was impressive last year and with his bloodlines and connections, has a chance to be a player on the national scene.

We have a new addition with a ridiculous bloodline as well. Jon Baquero is a monster of a midfielder that joined the team late. His dad played for Barca, Spanish NT for 2 WCs, and won a Euro Cup.

We have a new addition with a ridiculous bloodline as well. Jon Baquero is a monster of a midfielder that joined the team late. His dad played for Barca, Spanish NT for 2 WCs, and won a Euro Cup.

Thanks, was not aware of that.

The schedule is brutal even with all the home games. It's almost like it was put together with Okoli, Robinson, Martin and Gamble penciled in as upperclassmen.

1st Exhibition game tonight....late in 1st half.
Shots: WFU 15 - Gardner Webb 3
Score: WFU 0 - Gardner Webb 2

Anyone there? What's the form look like?

Down 2-0. Horrific penalty awarded where the GW guy blatantly dove and was rewarded for it.

We look a step slow on defense and were really poorly positioned to get back after a long corner kick to defend the CA.

Plenty of shots on goal but poor finishing all around. Skied a couple from right in front of the net.

15 shots to 3 and down 2-0 is never fun.

Sounds like the women's game against Ohio State - dominating everywhere but the score.

Wake with a PK here. Also a questionable call. Dominic Scotti with the make.

GW has a pretty big striker who I am guessing will score quite a few goals for them this year.

Wake has had good ideas, but poor touches and execution. Part of that is youth and lack of playing with one another.

Hopefully that will turn around in short order with UNC coming in on Saturday.

Scotti just got injured flying into the net. Hope he is ok. Looked pretty shaken up.

Back