• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Case Against Football

Dude should become a climate change denier. Could make a lot of money on Fox News.

Well, as if the losing isn't enough, that should be easy enough to recruit against.

by reassuring recruits and their families that we understand football is linked to CTE, so sign here to play football for us?

by reassuring recruits and their families that we understand football is linked to CTE, so sign here to play football for us?
We show them the research studies we are doing to better understand and attempt to solve the issue, and then compare that to UNC where the coach denies the science even exists.

Wake Forest and Toyota are doing research on collisions.

Wake Forest and Toyota are doing research on collisions.
And more recently, Wake was part of a youth football study looking at head impact effects on brain matter. I think it was released last year.

God help us if Fox Sports goes the way of their news brethren.

One of the comical elements to this is that UNC has devoted a good bit of money and research to the issue of CTE. I'm sure it thrilled the university to hear their football coach call into question the legitimacy of the effort.

One of the comical elements to this is that UNC has devoted a good bit of money and research to the issue of CTE. I'm sure it thrilled the university to hear their football coach call into question the legitimacy of the effort.

You mean like how the university spends hundreds of millions of dollars every year under the guise of educating students only to have a shadow curriculum setup to benefit a few dozen athletes might bother someone ?

You mean like how the university spends hundreds of millions of dollars every year under the guise of educating students only to have a shadow curriculum setup to benefit a few dozen athletes might bother someone ?

So much this!

I love Clawson's quote in today's paper. Essentially, "Change isn't the end of the world. Change is inevitable and we're working hard to keep our kids safe."

I mean, Fedora (and now Dilfer, who also threw in climate change for good measure), is a moron but

"I don't think it's been proven that the game of football causes CTE," Fedora said. "That's been out there, but we don't really know yet."

...that quote is correct. "Linked" doesn't really have a scientific meaning, and as we all know, correlation is not causation. Sure football probably causes CTE, but it hasn't been scientifically proven.

Back