• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Hell or High Water is fantastic and captures small plains town struggle pretty well

Last edited:
Watching stranger things...it's ok but expected better based on all the sloppy bjs it's getting. Maybe it ramps up next episode or two...I'm two in so far.

There are definitely better shows out there, but I'm finding that it really appeals to folks who were about the age of the kids in 1983. Folks like me.

I was planning to see Brooklyn in theaters after I read that Nick Hornby wrote the screenplay, but put it on my "catch it on HBO" list when I saw he adapted from a book. Well it's on HBO now and I just finished watching it and I agree with the quoted sentiment, though not to the same degree (I won't go so far as to say "I've ever seen"). It's a sweet movie, but not cloying. I've seen several movies with Saoirse Ronan before but she never really stood out to me. She did with this though and I'll be keeping an eye out for more of her work.

Ronan is the second nominee for the most recent Oscar for lead actress that I watched in the last couple of weeks. Room was the other. Brie Larson, who did win, was affecting too but I would have given the award to Ronan instead.

Finally got around to watching Brooklyn last night. From beginning to end I felt like I was watching a mediocre Nicholas Sparks movie. Don't understand the hype.

There are definitely better shows out there, but I'm finding that it really appeals to folks who were about the age of the kids in 1983. Folks like me.

and me

on another subject, Godfather 3 would have turned out much better with tom hagen

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely. More of the jokes hit than not, and the ones that do are pretty hysterical. It also has a surprisingly deft religious subtext to it.

The movie was flat

Only funny part is the money shot scene at the end

That depends on whether or not you like Seth Rogen and Seth Rogen'y jokes about dicks, balls, drugs, violent deaths, and racist caricatures

I guess I do because just got back and I laughed. Not a total waste of 90 minutes for sure.

My wife wanted to watch the Netflix movie "Fundamentals of Caring" with Paul Rudd and some randos. Basically a well-produced Hallmark channel movie but I think it'd watch pretty much anything with Paul Rudd.

I'm a Ruddite as well, but I couldn't stomach "Fundamentals of Caring". I think I could only take 15 minutes of it.

So i've seen Jackie Brown and The Grapes of Wrath in the last two nights and holy hell are those films great.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I spent a week watching all the Fast and Furious movies, one per day. That is a fun franchise. Starting at #5, each one gets more ridiculous than its predecessor. I think the only mistake they've made in the franchise is killing off Han. He was such a great character and you could tell they regretted that decision by making 4, 5, and 6 take place before 3 just so they could use him more.

That's a pretty good assessment. Like the first somewhat grounded in reality, we can drive this lowered Honda civics under trucks. Then it got to jumping out of planes exploding etc...

My wife wanted to watch the Netflix movie "Fundamentals of Caring" with Paul Rudd and some randos. Basically a well-produced Hallmark channel movie but I think it'd watch pretty much anything with Paul Rudd.

I really dig Craig Roberts. He killed it in Submarine and I like him a lot in Red Oaks.

Back