• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I watched about an hour of desolation of smaug on TV last night and it pissed me off. Wtf, Peter Jackson. The LOTR movies were so lovingly made and amazing, and now you are vomiting this mess of a movie? Very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was very disappointed in them as well. Maybe because they stand next to LOTR.

I wonder if you could see them in a vacuum how they'd be?

pretty sure i heard/read a while back that peter jackson was not originally involved directly with the hobbit movies, exec prod or something. there was another director/creative head that pulled out late. jackson had to jump in and work with the other person's vision/script etc. he had a very short time to try and make it work. clearly they were not up to standards and he was disappointed.

Three jokes, the cutest movie cat of all time, and a dumpster fire of a "movie." Pretty disappointing from K&P.

yeah, the entire movie is based on the premise "we are dorky black guys, we have to sound hard around these street black guys so we will say the Nword and use a bunch of other ghetto terminology, but remember we are dorky so it will be awkward and see that is funny."

That goes on for an hour and a half. Nope.

The Lobster is also not good. Great premise and lots of funny/absurdist moments in the first 45 mins, but it has no idea how to land the plane and completely flies off the rails in the last 30 minutes, which it didnt even need to wrap up the story. C-

pretty sure i heard/read a while back that peter jackson was not originally involved directly with the hobbit movies, exec prod or something. there was another director/creative head that pulled out late. jackson had to jump in and work with the other person's vision/script etc. he had a very short time to try and make it work. clearly they were not up to standards and he was disappointed.

It was supposed to be two films: one would be the Hobbit, the other covering the time between Hobbit and LOTR. Then PJ took over and said The Hobbit would be split in two then later revised it to three. The original plan was what I was most looking forward to.

It was supposed to be two films: one would be the Hobbit, the other covering the time between Hobbit and LOTR. Then PJ took over and said The Hobbit would be split in two then later revised it to three. The original plan was what I was most looking forward to.

yeah well we lost that director. like many artists, once PJ got stinking rich and fatter, he lost his mojo

is he even working on anything these days?

yeah well we lost that director. like many artists, once PJ got stinking rich and fatter, he lost his mojo

is he even working on anything these days?

i dunno, from all accounts making LOTR was a pretty grueling process. the studio begged him to fix Hobbit and he said fuck it; we have CGI and I only have one life to live

I was trying to beef up my historical viewings this weekend and watched Mean Streets. You can certainly see some of the techniques Scorsese would use for later movies, but man what a bore.

Hell or High Water was very good. Chris Pine, Ben Foster, and Jeff Bridges were all great. Probably my second favorite Ben Foster performance behind 3:10 to Yuma.

Hell or High Water; by far the best flick I have seen all year. Don't miss it.
Saw Hell or High Water tonight and it was great. The plot was gripping, the writing was excellent (writer of Sicario), the cinematography was beautiful, and the ensemble cast didn't disappoint. David McKenzie has directed 3 movies that I consider great: Perfect Sense, Starred Up, and now this.

Back