• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

On the porch? What didnt you like about it?

It was just too obvious. By the end of the movie, we knew their motivation and the consequences of their participation for both of them. I'm not sure we necessarily needed that scene. If this movie was made in the 70s, then it would have just ended. Now, every director feels the need to go full Spielberg.

It was just too obvious. By the end of the movie, we knew their motivation and the consequences of their participation for both of them. I'm not sure we necessarily needed that scene. If this movie was made in the 70s, then it would have just ended. Now, every director feels the need to go full Spielberg.

Really?

I thought both of their closing lines about peace were excellent, and captured the torment they had felt all movie

Also I had a buddy who suggested the film played out much like a stage play, which in hindsight I can see how certain scenes did that. I feel like the final scene was one of those

Watched a Korean horror flick "The Wailing" and it was fucking awesome. Has some very good black horror elements ala Sean of the Dead, but then also a weird slow burning zombie/exorcist police procedural set in podunk nowhere. My favorite horror of the year so far and top 10 film.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Saw The Lobster the other day ("Crybaby Matinee" FTW). What a weird effing movie. I think I liked it? Definitely laughed a number of times. And every now and then I just start thinking about parts of it.

Holy smokes Blair Witch actually delivered. Never doubt Adam Wingard + Simon Barrett.
I don't think it's a genre masterpiece on the levels of You're Next or The Guest, but I agree, it's a solid horror flick that features Wingard experimenting with some different ideas, to varying degrees of success. More in line with his segments in the V/H/S movies.

Finally saw Star Trek Beyond. It was good but not special.

However, I do like the new crew. Zachary Quinto is decent as Spock, not great. Simon Pegg and Karl Urban are really good. As usual Chekov is the weakest link. I think they could be fun.

However, I do like the new crew. Zachary Quinto is decent as Spock, not great. Simon Pegg and Karl Urban are really good. As usual Chekov is the weakest link. I think they could be fun.

I don't think you have to worry about "the weakest link" in any upcoming films.

Anton Yelchin, let it be known -

31024960.jpg

a performance like that can be a real career-killer

At least you didn't stand idle while we were rolling over you with those comments, rj. I respect that.

Caught The Equalizer last night - good pacing and a decent, though at times laughable story. Enjoyed it despite the fact that it was a nearly-exact rip-off of Taken.

The past 3 nights, I've watched Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight. Good shit. I probably liked Before Sunset the best of the 3. Watching on 3 consecutive nights, it was an effect similar to Boyhood, watching Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy age and change.

Back