• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Speaking of sound design, have you ever seen Berberian Sound Studio? Any good?
It was ok, very trippy and psychedelic, and the narrative isn't coherent, but there is some good tension and the sound design is gross in the best way.

if we talkin' sound design, pretty sure Strick already watches, but mdmh, go catch the fuck up on the americans like I've been telling you to. Strick can vouch for this

watched this great horror movie last night about some witches that steal children's souls to fuel their immortality.

Saw Independence Day 2 last week on demand and it was absolutely terrible. Just a cobbled together mess with surprisingly cheap CGI and no writing at all.

Not even a good popcorn flick. I was so bored. Don't waste your time if you're just curious. I forced myself to watch the whole thing for some masochistic reason and it was awful.

Watch the Morgan Spurlock Rats documentary. Eff those m fers. We might be bowing down to our new rat overlords some day.

Watched the original True Grit for the first time in 20 years. It's on Netflix. John Wayne is still the man, even if Glen Campbell couldn't act his way out of a box.

Last 3 movies I watched:

Hail Caesar! - good, not great
Inception - this was my second time seeing it; I was able to follow the story a lot better this time around. I really like this movie - very interesting.
Dazed & Confused - I've seen this movie too many times to count - always entertaining

Gods of Egypt while sitting bored in a hotel room on an overnight trip for work. Good lord everything about that movie was awful. The CGI looked straight out of the late 90s/early 2000s.

Finally watched the Revenant. Beautiful film, some of the sequences were incredible. Definitely dragged, though. And Leo, while good, did not deserve best actor (I think he won, right?). Tom Hardy rules.

I too just watched The Revenant. Beautiful cinematography, but man was I bored for 80% of it. I'd love to see the KenPom stats, I'm guessing Leo had the fewest words of dialog for any Oscar winner since "talkies" premiered (yes he won).

I too just watched The Revenant. Beautiful cinematography, but man was I bored for 80% of it. I'd love to see the KenPom stats, I'm guessing Leo had the fewest words of dialog for any Oscar winner since "talkies" premiered (yes he won).

Pretty sure Jean Dujardin would win that.

Saw The Hunt. Good movie, didn't quite live up to the hype as one of the best films of the past 20 years bla bla. It does make you furious though, so you have to give credit to any piece of art that can elicit that kind of emotional response. Solid B.

the-hunt-izle-576.jpg

Rewatched Event Horizon last night. I f*cking love that movie, even if the effects are dated.

Watched 45 minutes of Under the Skin. Then got to the scene with the family on the beach. For some reason it made me physically ill. I couldn't go back to the movie, I just had to go wake my 16 month old up and hold her for a while. I assume it just must be the new fatherhood thing, but that's probably the strongest reaction to a film I've ever had, and I've seen some fucked up shit.

Back