• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/event-horizon/41976/event-horizon-from-doomed-ship-to-cult-gem

"It wasn’t the lack of polish that left audiences reeling, however, but rather the sheer level of the gore and violence. Cannibalism, evisceration, dismemberment... if Paramount was expecting a spooky, darkly fun rollercoaster ride for the summer multiplex crowd, Event Horizon clearly wasn’t it."

Watched "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" on Sunday night. Wife and I enjoyed it. Pleasant if not predictable. Sam Neill rocking a dope beard.

Rewatched Event Horizon last night. I f*cking love that movie, even if the effects are dated.

I remember seeing Event Horizon at a theater completely cold other than knowing it was a space movie. Was blown away.

Event Horizon is terrific.

TITCR

I watched and enjoyed Housebound last night. It's a horror move with a sense of humor from NZ. It's on Netflix for those of y'all interested.

I finally watched "Sisters" on the plane this weekend... I'm pretty much the target demographic, but I thought it was funny.

TITCR

I watched and enjoyed Housebound last night. It's a horror move with a sense of humor from NZ. It's on Netflix for those of y'all interested.

Ha, hunt for the wilder people is another NZ movie that also has that woman in it

saw the accountant. thought it was a decent action/thriller.

There are only 2 legit reviews in that whole bunch. Movie came out in 97 and most of those reviews are after '00. Cant rely on RT for lesser known movies pre interwebs.

I havent seen it since 97, but I remember it was shockingly violent, gory and much scarier than the 'horror' movies that get praise on this thread.

There are only 2 legit reviews in that whole bunch. Movie came out in 97 and most of those reviews are after '00. Cant rely on RT for lesser known movies pre interwebs.

I havent seen it since 97, but I remember it was shockingly violent, gory and much scarier than the 'horror' movies that get praise on this thread.

I saw it in the local $2 theater when I was home from Wake during some break. Was definitely much different than I thought it would be... Had expected a throw away sci-fi space movie. I remember enjoying it, but I haven't watched it since. Probably time for another viewing.

Also, written by reviewers after they had seen the absolute shit he made post-Event Horizon and had already made up their minds about him. Of course, my fondness for it might be that it came out while I was at Wake and we watched it a ton.

I remember being blown away by it when I was 16, but watched it again two or three years ago and it didn't do it for me

The scene at the end where the guy lisp sings is always the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see Empire Records is on.

Home sick yesterday and watched Event Horizon, it is a good horror flick. It has a strong Hellraiser vibe. It had a huge budget for the time, so it had to compromise with the gore. If they made the same movie today it would be much cheaper and much bloodier. Sam Neil's prosthetic effects were awesome though, very gruesome.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rewatched Oculus at a friend's house on Halloween and my friends were freaked out. Very underrated horror movie.

Home sick yesterday and watched Event Horizon, it is a good horror flick. It has a strong Hellraiser vibe. It had a huge budget for the time, so it had to compromise with the gore. If they made the same movie today it would be much cheaper and much bloodier. Sam Neil's prosthetic effects were awesome though, very gruesome.

It was supposed to be much gorier than it was. The original cut was 130 minutes and would have received an NC-17 rating: http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/event-horizon-never-seen

Went and caught the RUSH R40 Documentary about the final tour for the great RUSH. RUSH! It was bittersweet. Those guys are such nice dudes and sick players.

The scene at the end where the guy lisp sings is always the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see Empire Records is on.

such a good movie

I think I simultaneously like and dislike Empire Records. Outside of LaPaglia, the cast is pretty obnoxious (especially Liv Tyler and Zellweger), but the whole Rex Manning thing is excellent, as is the general story.

50% off Criterion at Barnes & Noble started a few days ago. Time to go a little nutty.

Back