• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Where do you live that you could see two movies for $20?

$9.50 a pop, dude! Not bad, I guess.

I didn't do it, but it's also a small theater so not sure I could sneak into the second. Oh well, I ended up passing out on my couch with the Deacs on. Maybe Wednesday.

A Simple Plan
Presumed Innocent

both very good. That fella that does the Indiana Jones and the Han Solo is in Presimed Imnocemt. The Sling Blade fella is in a Simple Plan with another fella that looks p familiar but I can't place him at the moment. You will recognize him.

It's the Bill Pullman/Paxton quandry who that second guy is. One of Bill Pullman/Paxton, who may be the same person in different bodies.

$14.50 movies in my hood.

you been to the new Atlantic Plumbing theater next door to the 930 Club? it's pretty nice with a decent bar and small theaters, but the screens aren't the best. Saw Fantastic Beasts there on Friday, and it was nice to have a giant Grapefruit Sculpin in my hand.

Beyond the Pines with the fella from the Hangover and Sniper and the other fella from those Rom Coms that Brasky likes although he does not play a rom com fella in this movie that's for sure. He does a great job as a fella really really good at riding a motorcycle and gets into some shit. Oh yeah! Also the fella from Goodfellas who says "KAREN!" and a lot those type movies is in it. Very good.

Watched Popstar over the weekend - solidly funny most of the way through. Not surprisingly, it plays like one long SNL Digital Short, so if you weren't a fan of Samberg's schtick then, you wouldn't be now.

Dr Strange was decent -- formulaic, great effects, not really much beyond that though. Cumberbach needs to work on his comic timing.

C+

Captain Fantastic - Decent, predictable ending. Swiss Family Robinson meets Little Miss Sunshine.
The Childhood of a Leader - Dull meandering euro-arthouse bullshit. Sure to give WakeFanatic a boner.
West World ('73) - Better than I remembered, a little choppy, decent visual effects for the time.
Storks - Equal parts cute and annoying. Many jokes fell flat, but the babies and wolves were funny enough to make it good. Better than Pets.

Put this in the trailers thread, makes more sense here.

David Ehrlich just posted his Top 25 Films of 2016 video. Impressive work as always.

How the hell does Hail, Caesar! make anyone's top 25 list?

David Ehrlich apparently doesn't much care for major release films. I'm not a fan of that list, ignoring the 12 films I haven't seen on it.

I won't be able to make a complete list until February, but off the top of my head I would have: Everybody Wants Some, The Nice Guys, Hell or High Water, Moana, High Rise, Arrival, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Midnight Special, Edge of 17, Don't Breathe, Loving, The Witch, Green Room, Deadpool, The Lobster

I won't be able to make a complete list until February, but off the top of my head I would have: Everybody Wants Some, The Nice Guys, Hell or High Water, Moana, High Rise, Arrival, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Midnight Special, Edge of 17, Don't Breathe, Loving, The Witch, Green Room, Deadpool, The Lobster

Those were all great. Although I didn't much like Lobster

I give Manchester by the Sea an official rating of "really damn good".

Back