• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Hail, Caesar was a steaming pile of shit.

sNebp1W.gif

I thought that it was slow to start (for no apparent reason, IMO), but ended well with a series of funny Frankfurt School references. I liked Channing Tatum's cameo a lot. I don't get the hatred for it, but I don't think it was particularly great either.

I'm a Coen Bros fanboi and I thought it sucked. Different strokes I guess, I loved Inside Llewyn Davis and it didn't get the greatest critical response.

I'm a Coen Bros fanboi and I thought it sucked. Different strokes I guess, I loved Inside Llewyn Davis and it didn't get the greatest critical response.

It was nominated for best picture and best actor by nearly every event not named the Academy Awards.

Watched Kubo and the Two Strings last night, pretty great movie. Would recommend. Especially after watching the pile of crap that was The Secret Life of Pets recently too.

25 movies not named "Hail, Ceasar!"

That wasn't meant to be a gotcha question. My list is going to take awhile because teaching obligations wiped out my fall/winter moviegoing, but Loving, Zootopia, Everybody Wants Some, Hell or High Water, Midnight Special, and OJ: Made in America (maybe 10 Cloverfield Lane and Dr Strange) will definitely be on there.

Holiday movie watching is going to be tough with so much out there:

Rogue One, Passengers, La La Land, Fences, Assassin's Creed (still very skeptical about this), Patriot's Day, Silence, Manchester By The Sea, Nocturnal Animals, Moonlight.

Had the afternoon off and watched Nocturnal Animals. That opening scene can never be unseen. FU Tom Ford.

Really enjoyed it. Still considering what I think about the ending.

Currently watching war dogs. Pretty good so far. Only scene that's really annoyed me was them hanging out in an indoor range with no ear protection. A weird gripe, but it's a movie about guns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Holiday movie watching is going to be tough with so much out there:

Rogue One, Passengers, La La Land, Fences, Assassin's Creed (still very skeptical about this), Patriot's Day, Silence, Manchester By The Sea, Nocturnal Animals, Moonlight.

Lol wut.

Saw Office Christmas Party over the weekend. Solid laughs, great cast, but felt like it underperformed.

For Your Consideration. Not Guest's best work, but ok. Was weird since it wasn't in documentary style.

yeah we've rewatched all his movies (and in this case, watched for the first time) after seeing Mascots the other day

I won't be able to make a complete list until February, but off the top of my head I would have: Everybody Wants Some, The Nice Guys, Hell or High Water, Moana, High Rise, Arrival, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Midnight Special, Edge of 17, Don't Breathe, Loving, The Witch, Green Room, Deadpool, The Lobster

Have you seen Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea yet? Both of those would be in my top 10, were I to make a list.

FYI to all, Green Room is on Amazon Prime streaming now. I'm watching it right this second actually.

Have you seen Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea yet? Both of those would be in my top 10, were I to make a list.

FYI to all, Green Room is on Amazon Prime streaming now. I'm watching it right this second actually.
I haven't, but both of those look good

Back