• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I forgot to add The Wailing. That could definitely be in my top 25

"Meet Me In St. Louis": Featuring such teeth-gnashing hits as 'The Trolley Song' and 'Skip To My Lou', you won't be praying for death so much as actively seeking it out. Assuming you fail (as I did), you will awaken the next morning with a fresh, new, skippy perspective on life that is obtainable in a non-Judy Garland-centric existence. 10/10.

Watched All the Way over the weekend. Cranston was great as usual, but it came off as a poor man's Lincoln.

Saw the Hollars on Saturday. I really liked it a lot. Not the best movie I've ever seen but it was funny, had lots of feels and was entertaining.

Wife had never seen Die Hard so we fixed that yesterday. I always forget how funny it is (in addition to being super badass).

wife and i watched Home Alone for the millionth time and both notice a joke we hadn't noticed before at the same time! #marriedlife

buz-mccallister.gif

Finally watched Straight Outta Compton last night - really well done and excellent casting for sure. I didn't realize that the story went all the way up through Eazy's death. For some reason, I thought it was limited to NWA and their split.

Still hoping for sequels. The successes of this and the OJ shows indicate a desire for 90s nostalgia. There are some good stories out there. Snoop and Dre, Tupac, Ice Cube's solo career, Dre and Eminem.

Finally watched Straight Outta Compton last night - really well done and excellent casting for sure. I didn't realize that the story went all the way up through Eazy's death. For some reason, I thought it was limited to NWA and their split.

If not the best, at least it was one of the most entertaining movies I saw this year.

Saw The Jungle Book on Netflix Christmas night. It was good. The kid did an amazing job especially with the stunts. Some animals looked better than others in CGI. It seemed like a nice proof of concept for the "live action" Lion King movie. If The Jungle Book can make almost a billion, The Lion King is going to destroy box offices.

La La Land was great. Best movie I've seen this year and it's coming from someone who doesn't give a fuck about musicals. I did think Whiplash was the best movie in 2014 as well so maybe Chazelle is just my catnip.

Watched Fantastic Beasts last night. I'd give it a B. It was fun to revisit the Wizarding World and Eddie Redmayne did a great job as Newt Scamander. Some good action scenes and special effects. The "fantastic beasts" were great and had neat personalities. On the downside, there was no chemistry between Redmayne and the female lead, it was about 25 minutes too long and fell prey to "too many endings" disease, and the whole thing looked like it was shot through a camera with a dirty lens.

Back