• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

The part of Kubo that amazed me the most was during the credits when they showed them doing the stop motion with the giant skeleton. I really thought it was mostly CGI, but no, that thing was incredible!

Been watching a lot of movies this week....finally got around to watching Suicide Squad, Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles 2, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Independence Day 2.

I enjoyed all of them. Some surprised me (Ghostbusters), and some were just what I expected (Ninja Turtles, X-Men).

Really enjoyed Suicide Squad, but hate Viola Davis...I thought Leto's Joker was interesting and would like to see more of it, which hopefully we will, along with Harley Quinn...such a great character.

Also rewatched Star Wars 2-5, with 6 & 7 coming soon.

Still have a few I wanna get through including: The Lobster, Midnight Special, The One I Love, Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Star Trek Beyond, and Warcraft.

Still have a few I wanna get through including: The Lobster, Midnight Special, The One I Love, Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Star Trek Beyond, and Warcraft.

Unless you have played the games, avoid Warcraft. Even if you play the games, expect a mess of a movie. It's not terrible, just very scattered.

Have to agree. Kubo was incredible. kids loved it as well.

Watched magnificent 7 last not. Expected a bad movie but it pleasantly surprised. Not great but had very low bar to get over with my low expectations.

I thought Viola Davis was pretty much the only good thing about Suicide Squad.

Maybe....but she plays the same damn character in everything she does, with a few exceptions. That, and if she ever cries in a movie, bucket loads of snot start pouring out of her nose....its distracting lol.

Viola Davis is actually a 70yo Chinese man, but he does seem to play the same exact proud stalwart black lady in every role.

Have watched several over the last week

Midnight Special - It was very close to something I would have liked a lot but just didn't quite make it. If some of the plot details were better fleshed out it would have been stronger. Overall I liked the tone.

Jason Bourne - About as coherent of a plot as I remember the others having, but action scenes (particularly the early one) were pretty great

Popstar - Very funny. I'm a fan of Andy Sandberg in general anyway, but this surprisingly had a decent through narrative to surround the jokes and songs

Arrival - Great sci-fi with unexpected heart and emotion. Looking forward to watching it again.

Captain Fantastic - Solid premise but light on plot that allowed it to just be focused on character. Enjoyed it and thought Viggo Mortensen was great as the head of the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLa Land was excellent. Both the opening and closing numbers were fantastic

Saw Passengers. Agreed that it's not as bad as its RT score suggests, but I think that's because a lot of critics probably can't get over the inciting incident at the end of the 1st act, no matter how much the story works to fix it.

I've seen a couple of posters suggest there was an obvious different way to end it, just curious as to what that is?

Saw Passengers. Agreed that it's not as bad as its RT score suggests, but I think that's because a lot of critics probably can't get over the inciting incident at the end of the 1st act, no matter how much the story works to fix it.

I've seen a couple of posters suggest there was an obvious different way to end it, just curious as to what that is?
Better alternate ending: Jim shows his love for Aurora by putting her back in stasis (maybe by force?) and he still does the same re-designing of the ship to pass the time. Aurora has her book to remember Jim.

Oh, maybe there's a version where Aurora voluntarily goes back in but I don't think Jim forcing Aurora to do anything again would be good.

Last edited:
May want to add spoiler tags to the above just as a warning for people who haven't seen it

Edit - had my thoughts but couldn't get the tag to work

Last edited:
May want to add spoiler tags to the above just as a warning for people who haven't seen it

Edit - had my thoughts but couldn't get the tag to work

spoiler spoiler spoiler etc[/SPOILER

put the last bracket on the end and that work

To me it seemed like Jim sacrificing himself for Aurora and the ship I thought was logical and a little bit stronger. Then Aurora is left facing the same dilemma, which she overcomes but lives a life of loneliness. She writes a book about her love of Jim and their experience together and leaves it for the crew and passengers to find after they wake up. But that would have been a bummer so going with the "happy" ending is completely understandable

Interesting - my Passengers alternate ending is a bit darker than others...

Jim dies after the hatch malfunction. Aurora starts to pass the time writing her book, thinking fondly of Jim, etc. Time passes and as an epilogue, the movie closes on a desperate Aurora waking someone else up.

Also I finally watched Suicide Squad. Good lord, what a fucking trainwreck of a movie. One of the absolute worst movies I've seen in the last few years without question.

I can't decide whether Suicide Squad or BvS was worse. They both royally sucked. I probably enjoyed Suicide Squad more.

Back