• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Yeah, I could make a cut of BvS that would be really really cool. It's probably only 15 minutes and may make little narrative sense, but it wouldn't be worse in that regard than the real thing. There's nothing I could do with SS.

at least BvS had wonder woman and a plot

This. BvS is objectively below average at best, but at least had a semblance of a relevant story arc. SS was just a series of choppy battle scenes, kooky character scenes, and shots of Margot Robbie's ass. Not that there's anything wrong with the latter.

Margot Robbie alone probably puts Suicide Squad above BvS. I'd rather watch Green Lantern or Green Hornet than both of them. Hell, Affleck was better in Daredevil.

Keeping up with the Joneses is a complete nothingburger of a movie. I pretty much forgot it before the credits finished rolling, save for Gal Gadot and Isla Fisher in lingerie together in one scene.

Zach Galifinakis chooses shitty movies. His stand-up is damn near genius, but his movies suuuuck.

Finally saw Arrival. Stellar first 45 minutes or so. No ending was going to match that, unfortunately. I give it a B mostly on the strength of the first half.

Watched Midnight Special last night. Total slow burn, and a little weird, but overall not terrible.

He had a relatively small part in Birdman, I'm referring to movies where he is the lead or co-star. I did like the campaign because he was playing an adapted version of his character Seth. Seth Galafanakis was my old avatar.

I can't remember a more successfully executed yankbag gut punch than Manchester. It is brilliant and incredibly depressing.

You spend 2 hours wondering whether you will get to see Michelle Williams' fastball, and in the 3rd act she blows one by you. Holy shit she is the queen. Not a better working actress in her prime right now.

Why Him was actually decent. Most jokes land and the two leads play off each other well.

no. i made it 40 minutes thru this drivel before i walked out. they got my money but not all of my time.

man, i'm not sure what it would take for me to actually leave a movie. maybe a kauffman-esque troll move where it ends up being a guy staring at the camera for two hours or something

man, i'm not sure what it would take for me to actually leave a movie. maybe a kauffman-esque troll move where it ends up being a guy staring at the camera for two hours or something

I walked out of a matinee showing of one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies because I got a text asking to play golf and that seemed way less boring than the movie.

Wife and I made a list of classic movies we want to watch -- either ones we haven't seen ourselves or want the other person to see. We kicked it off last night with Apocalypse Now, which she hadn't seen. She was not impressed. Thought it too weird at the end once they got to Kurtz's place.

Back