• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I half-watched 'Age of Adelaide' over the weekend. My disjointed attention still appreciated how fine BL is.

Hateful 8 needed to be seen on a screen with a 70mm projector. At least with that you could truly marvel at some of the cinematography. Anything else though, then it's just lesser QT.

TBH, I'm don't typically change my opinion of a movie based on viewing format. I know plenty of people that are, and I appreciate that they appreciate such things, but seeing something on the big screen, or IMAX, or 3D or whatever else hasn't ever really been important to me.

I got to see The Master in 70mm when it came out. I wasn't expecting it to make that big a difference, but holy crap. It looked superb

Just finished Midnight Special....what a bore-fest.

These fucking movies and TV shows that should be smack dab in the middle of my taste just aren't doing it for me. Just agonizingly boring. Midnight Special and all 459 hours of The OA. Just fucking terrible.

Took the family to see Hidden Figures yesterday. Really enjoyed it. I little over the head of the 6 year old, but the 8 and 10 year old loved it and sparked some great questions. Plus Cottonmouth and VooDoo Tatum are in it.

Kids movies keep getting better and better. I have sat through some real crap over the last decade, but I just got back from SING with my three and it was legitimately a good movie. Adults were singing along and---I kid you not---applauding at the conclusion of the various musical numbers.

I give this the highest review I am willing to give to any movie that stars an animated koala.

Sing was pretty good, but this was such a good year for animation films I would rank it 4th of the 5 I saw.

Let's do it. It blew my damn mind. With Believer and Last Temptation, that's one of the best films about faith that I've ever seen.

I thought it was really well done

Definitely heavy but just so full

Scorsese asks all the right questions here. What is faith? Where does doubt play into that? What happens when we don't feel like we have the answers or are hearing nothing but silence, what is sacrifice, the value of symbol and sacrament

Back