Page 15 of 283 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread about the movie you just saw

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Saw Mud last night. Pretty decent flick.
    If you liked it, check out Joe. Similar style, pretty good movie.

Killer Joe? That movie was fuckin' strange. I don't know if I liked it or hated it, but man.

Also: tonally that movie is worlds away from Mud

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    Killer Joe? That movie was fuckin' strange. I don't know if I liked it or hated it, but man.

Also: tonally that movie is worlds away from Mud
    No, the movie "Joe" starring Nick Cage and the kid from Mud.
    Draxx them sklounst

-------------------------
    Saw Blue Ruin and one other movie the other night which I can't think of.

Blue Ruin was good, but a little slow. Tense as hell with very little action, that's pretty impressive.

The Signal...that's the other one. It was weird, and too ambitious for it's own good, but I liked the idea and implementation for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSlim2.0 View Post
    The Signal...that's the other one. It was weird, and too ambitious for it's own good, but I liked the idea and implementation for the most part.
    I enjoyed The Signal, but the ending felt tacked on and half baked. I wish they had built the film around an idea, instead of running head first into one after 90 minutes. Another Earth is a good example of a great drama film built around a sci-fi premise.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 12-01-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I enjoyed The Signal, but the ending felt tacked on and half baked. I wish they had built the film had been built around an idea, instead of running head first into one after 90 minutes. Another Earth is a good example of a great drama film built around a sci-fi premise.
    Agree with all of this. And I liked Another Earth too, though I had the "twist" ruined for me. I definitely enjoyed both films, but I'm a sci-fi/space nerd.

Nightcrawler was awesome.

I really liked Birdman. I echo the sentiments already expressed, so just another person recommending it.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    Lead actress in The Babadook was outstanding.

Julianne Moore wins the oscar for Ask Alice. Guaranteed. Depressing as hell film about Alzheimer but sh'e pretty extraordinary.

Obvious Child is really great across the board.
    We're going to be good again.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    I watched Absentia last night, Mike Flanagan's previous film before Oculus (now streaming on Netflix ftw). What a talented filmmaker. It was obviously low budget (there's a list of Kickstarter donors in the credits), but filmed and acted beautifully. It's a pretty thoughtful horror/drama similar in tone to The Babadook - slow paced, atmospheric, not a ton of action but never boring. It doesn't fully resolve itself at the end, but it deserves higher than its 5.8 IMDb rating.

Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    I watched Absentia last night, Mike Flanagan's previous film before Oculus (now streaming on Netflix ftw). What a talented filmmaker. It was obviously low budget (there's a list of Kickstarter donors in the credits), but filmed and acted beautifully. It's a pretty thoughtful horror/drama similar in tone to The Babadook - slow paced, atmospheric, not a ton of action but never boring. It doesn't fully resolve itself at the end, but it deserves higher than its 5.8 IMDb rating.
    Absentia is a great mind fuck, one of my favorite horror films of 2012(?)
    Draxx them sklounst

Just saw Tropic Thunder for the first time. Pretty fantastic, exactly my kind of comedy.

Watched Horrible Bosses 2 tonight and I laughed my ass off. I realize that it's a critical dud - the jokes are stale and immature, but I really enjoyed it. Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston really push the envelope of taste regarding a taboo subject and Charlie Day goes full Charlie in this one, which any fan of It's Always Sunny will enjoy. I think 2 is funnier than the original, and it's my favorite comedy of the year so far, but I'm sure to be in the minority of people who like it.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 12-08-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Never saw the first one. Couldn't understand the premise of dudes not wanting to bang Anniston.

I didn't like the first one anywhere near enough to justify another $10.

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Never saw the first one. Couldn't understand the premise of dudes not wanting to bang Anniston.
    Hard to get past this in the first one.

There was some good stuff in the first one tho.

Just watched the Lego movie last night for the first time. Hilarious.