• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Enjoyed IT, not really that much horror though, reminded me of a movie version of stranger things, hell have the actor from stranger things switch his roll to the lead and it would be exactly stranger things, token black kid and all. Which overall is pretty great.

Enjoyed IT, not really that much horror though, reminded me of a movie version of stranger things, hell have the actor from stranger things switch his roll to the lead and it would be exactly stranger things, token black kid and all. Which overall is pretty great.

I think we need to return to horror movies with heart

Watching the Deer Hunter, famous movie from the 70s with Bob De Niro. Gotta say it's p lame so far. Gonna try to watch in stages but whatever this is it doesn't seem to hold up

Watching the Deer Hunter, famous movie from the 70s with Bob De Niro. Gotta say it's p lame so far. Gonna try to watch in stages but whatever this is it doesn't seem to hold up

I remember trying to watch this in the mid-90s when I was in high school... Rented it and it came on 2 separate VHS tapes that were mis-labeled. I watched tape 2 (the end) before tape 1 (the beginning).

I was so fucking confused until the credits started rolling and I realized what happened.

It wasn't much better when I started from the beginning.

Watched Keeping Up with the Joneses over the weekend because it was taking up room on the DVR. Sweet bastard what a horrible, horrible movie.

I watched GOTG2 this weekend. I think I'm the only person who thinks those movies are overrated.

They're fine. I don't hate watching them. But there are a bunch of scenes where I feel like the movies are trying too hard to be cool.

That movie had not aged well like 2 years after it came out. Very 70s. Even watching it as I got older, I felt like every element about it was force fed and unrealistic. Vietnam movies were like that for a long time. Still kind of are, really. I don't think Platoon has aged well either. Full Metal Jacket has. Apocalypse Now looks great, but has that same mentality and really isn't a Vietnam movie.

I loved the book when I was a kid (doesn't mean I'd love it now). This version of It had its moments, but it won't age well. Relied way too much on the usual gimmicks for scares. Like hey I'm not there, but you know I am and HOLY SHIT NOW I'M IN THE FRAME! LOUD NOISES! Meh. Really didn't like how the kids always got separated somehow either, but I seem to recall that was covered in the book, which I read like 30 years ago.

Worth a rental though.

Last edited:
That movie had not aged well like 2 years after it came out. Very 70s. Even watching it as I got older, I felt like every element about it was force fed and unrealistic. Vietnam movies were like that for a long time. Still kind of are, really. I don't think Platoon has aged well either. Full Metal Jacket has. Apocalypse Now looks great, but has that same mentality and really isn't a Vietnam movie.

Agree on Deerhunter, disagree on Platoon.

Its been a long since I've seen Deerhunter but I remember two things about it: 1) the wedding scene at the beginning was about 45 minutes too long. Just screamed , Edit me please. 2) the russian roulette scene is so totally bad ass

I watched GOTG2 this weekend. I think I'm the only person who thinks those movies are overrated.

They're fine. I don't hate watching them. But there are a bunch of scenes where I feel like the movies are trying too hard to be cool.

I thought this was everyone? Are there people who think GOTG2 is a great, meaningful movie?

I love the first Guardians and its very rewatchable, but the second one I don't think will hold up as much for repeat viewings

I have the same reaction to all those Marvel movies (and I haven't even seen them all).

Saw lost city of Z. Very good. Is Charlie Hunnam British or not? According to wiki he is British but his British accent sounds more like an American actor trying to do a British accent than natural.

mother! was absurd in every sense of the word. i can't believe it's a major studio release.

not even having to do with quality, Aronofsky is the king of movies you're only going to watch once.

Saw lost city of Z. Very good. Is Charlie Hunnam British or not? According to wiki he is British but his British accent sounds more like an American actor trying to do a British accent than natural.
British but he did a lot of American accents for Sons of Anarchy so it's probably still subconsciously affecting his speech.

Back