• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched The Colony (Laurence Fishbourne, Bill Paxton, a bunch of randos) last night on Netflix. 3/10. The plot was painfully predictable, and the characters did a lot of nonsensical things, which was annoying.

Saw St. Vincent (Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, a little kid) a few weeks ago. 6/10. Pretty funny throughout

Oh and I watched The Colony because Netflix recommended it after I watched Snowpiercer, which was an awesome movie

The Imitation Game lived up to the hype, I thought. Benedict was at his Cumberbatchiest, I expect it will bring home some hardware come Oscar time.

22 Jumpstreet is terrible. Do not pay money to see it.

Re-watched most of Magnolia last weekend. Holds up well. Had forgotten about most of the scenes with clueless cop John C. Reily and addled cokehead apartment chick.

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching Blue Ruin on Netflix and now I understand the hype. It's a damn good film. It's a thrilling story with great pacing and cinematography. The acting is very good, with the lead being especially sincere. My only fault with it is that the finale was too "preachy", with the final lines being obvious and unnecessary. I would definitely consider this a top 20 film of the year (2014 American release).

22 Jumpstreet is terrible. Do not pay money to see it.

Re-watched most of Magnolia last weekend. Holds up well. Had forgotten about most of the scenes with clueless cop John C. Reily and addled cokehead apartment chick.

Magnolia might be the most underrated movie of the 90s.

Should have been Cruise's 2nd Oscar (1st should have been Rain Man, he's genius in that film).

saw Prometheus yesterday.. i dont know how i feel about it.. i like the idea but at the same time i hate it

Easily the most disappointed I've been in a movie since the Star Wars prequels. Reading about that whole Space Jesus theory just made me feel worse about it, because of what could have been.

Easily the most disappointed I've been in a movie since the Star Wars prequels. Reading about that whole Space Jesus theory just made me feel worse about it, because of what could have been.

ya i feel it couldve been such a good movie.. apparently it was a prequel of alien.. but ya it was disappointing with that cast not to be great.. i think they have a sequel coming out in 2016

Went to a screener of Into the Woods last night with my girlfriend. The acting and singing were good but it felt like the same song for two hours. Checked my watched about ten times in the last 45 minutes. Emily Blunt is my new baby girl though. So hot.

Went to a screener of Into the Woods last night with my girlfriend. The acting and singing were good but it felt like the same song for two hours. Checked my watched about ten times in the last 45 minutes. Emily Blunt is my new baby girl though. So hot.

You gotta see her in that Tom Cruise movie. MY GOODNESS.

I loved Into the Woods as a play, scared to see it on the big screen.

ya i feel it couldve been such a good movie.. apparently it was a prequel of alien.. but ya it was disappointing with that cast not to be great.. i think they have a sequel coming out in 2016

This movie is a great example of an incredible trailer and a meh movie. When I saw this trailer I was PUMPED

Just watched Lone Survivor. It was actually pretty good. A lot better than I was expecting.

Just watched McConkey (about legendary skier, Shane McConkey).

Really, really good- highly recommend it. What a crazy mofo.

Saw two movies yesterday. The first was Calvary. It really wants to be In Bruges, and though it has some decent moments and a fantastic cast, overall it misses the mark.

The second was This is Where I Leave You. I thought this was great from start to finish. Also has a great cast and is funny and real and entertaining. Definitely recommend.

Saw two movies yesterday. The first was Calvary. It really wants to be In Bruges, and though it has some decent moments and a fantastic cast, overall it misses the mark.

The second was This is Where I Leave You. I thought this was great from start to finish. Also has a great cast and is funny and real and entertaining. Definitely recommend.

In Bruges really wanted to be Don't Look Now

Home Alone, highly recommend.

Back