Page 16 of 283 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 5655

Thread: Official thread about the movie you just saw

  1. #301
    Watched The Colony (Laurence Fishbourne, Bill Paxton, a bunch of randos) last night on Netflix. 3/10. The plot was painfully predictable, and the characters did a lot of nonsensical things, which was annoying.

    Saw St. Vincent (Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, a little kid) a few weeks ago. 6/10. Pretty funny throughout

  2. #302
    Oh and I watched The Colony because Netflix recommended it after I watched Snowpiercer, which was an awesome movie

  3. #303
    The Imitation Game lived up to the hype, I thought. Benedict was at his Cumberbatchiest, I expect it will bring home some hardware come Oscar time.

  4. #304
    22 Jumpstreet is terrible. Do not pay money to see it.

    Re-watched most of Magnolia last weekend. Holds up well. Had forgotten about most of the scenes with clueless cop John C. Reily and addled cokehead apartment chick.

  5. #305
    Also, I was bumbling around on imdb and holy shit look at this untitled Terrance Malick film that is coming out in 2015.

    Bale, Fassbender, Val Kilmer, Rooney Mara, Portman, Blanchett, Gosling, Del Toro. wO

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2062700/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

    We might get two Malick films this year with Knight of Cups, also with Bale and Portman.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2101383/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...malicks-725908
    Last edited by TheTwinAndreBen; 12-15-2014 at 05:24 PM.

  6. #306
    Finally got around to watching Blue Ruin on Netflix and now I understand the hype. It's a damn good film. It's a thrilling story with great pacing and cinematography. The acting is very good, with the lead being especially sincere. My only fault with it is that the finale was too "preachy", with the final lines being obvious and unnecessary. I would definitely consider this a top 20 film of the year (2014 American release).
    Draxx them sklounst

  7. #307
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    22 Jumpstreet is terrible. Do not pay money to see it.

    Re-watched most of Magnolia last weekend. Holds up well. Had forgotten about most of the scenes with clueless cop John C. Reily and addled cokehead apartment chick.
    Magnolia might be the most underrated movie of the 90s.

    Should have been Cruise's 2nd Oscar (1st should have been Rain Man, he's genius in that film).

  8. #308
    saw Prometheus yesterday.. i dont know how i feel about it.. i like the idea but at the same time i hate it
    #GoDeacs #GoPanthers

  9. #309
    Bernie Eskimo Bro
    KickballDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vermont Republic
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by dstanleywfu View Post
    saw Prometheus yesterday.. i dont know how i feel about it.. i like the idea but at the same time i hate it
    Easily the most disappointed I've been in a movie since the Star Wars prequels. Reading about that whole Space Jesus theory just made me feel worse about it, because of what could have been.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    Easily the most disappointed I've been in a movie since the Star Wars prequels. Reading about that whole Space Jesus theory just made me feel worse about it, because of what could have been.
    ya i feel it couldve been such a good movie.. apparently it was a prequel of alien.. but ya it was disappointing with that cast not to be great.. i think they have a sequel coming out in 2016
    #GoDeacs #GoPanthers

  11. #311
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,269
    Went to a screener of Into the Woods last night with my girlfriend. The acting and singing were good but it felt like the same song for two hours. Checked my watched about ten times in the last 45 minutes. Emily Blunt is my new baby girl though. So hot.

  12. #312
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Went to a screener of Into the Woods last night with my girlfriend. The acting and singing were good but it felt like the same song for two hours. Checked my watched about ten times in the last 45 minutes. Emily Blunt is my new baby girl though. So hot.
    You gotta see her in that Tom Cruise movie. MY GOODNESS.

    I loved Into the Woods as a play, scared to see it on the big screen.

  13. #313
    Ishmael Smith CDeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlottesville, vA
    Posts
    6,868
    Quote Originally Posted by dstanleywfu View Post
    ya i feel it couldve been such a good movie.. apparently it was a prequel of alien.. but ya it was disappointing with that cast not to be great.. i think they have a sequel coming out in 2016
    This movie is a great example of an incredible trailer and a meh movie. When I saw this trailer I was PUMPED


  14. #314
    cookout = blabbermouth?
    wfudkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    truxton circle
    Posts
    16,780
    Just watched Lone Survivor. It was actually pretty good. A lot better than I was expecting.

  15. #315
    Just watched McConkey (about legendary skier, Shane McConkey).

    Really, really good- highly recommend it. What a crazy mofo.
    I know how to spell definitely.

  16. #316
    cookout = blabbermouth?
    wfudkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    truxton circle
    Posts
    16,780
    Saw two movies yesterday. The first was Calvary. It really wants to be In Bruges, and though it has some decent moments and a fantastic cast, overall it misses the mark.

    The second was This is Where I Leave You. I thought this was great from start to finish. Also has a great cast and is funny and real and entertaining. Definitely recommend.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    Saw two movies yesterday. The first was Calvary. It really wants to be In Bruges, and though it has some decent moments and a fantastic cast, overall it misses the mark.

    The second was This is Where I Leave You. I thought this was great from start to finish. Also has a great cast and is funny and real and entertaining. Definitely recommend.
    In Bruges really wanted to be Don't Look Now

  18. #318
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Home Alone, highly recommend.

  19. #319
    Saw the new Night at Museum

    WOOF

  20. #320
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,269
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ruskin View Post
    Saw the new Night at Museum

    WOOF
    Did you ever give your thoughts on the new Hobbit?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •