• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Ladybird was great. It reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine - both did an excellent job depicting authentic relationships.

I've seen '7 Days in Entebbe', which is about as advertised... And 'Oh, Lucy!' in the past two days.

'Oh, Lucy!' was very different from what I was expecting. I think 'comedy' was in the freaking official trailer tagline. The language gap (and 95% of the dialogue is Japanese) was the only quasi-humor in a movie about suicide and self-harm. That being said, it was a hell of a movie.

The Fish Fucker movie was good. Del Toro is a freak, but a true talent. Weird little fairy tale that never sniffs an Oscar in a good year, but there hasn't been a good year in a while. Acting was solid, and the fish dude looked cool.

ELC, didn't you do the monstger's sister before you got married?

a few good movies this weekend:

THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS

Murder on the Orient Express

i thought both of them were very entertaining.

Dunkirk was really well made -- didn't blow me away but I appreciate the skill involved to put it all together. Probably should have seen it in the theater.

Good Time was something -- Robert Pattinson was great, as I had heard, but Bennie Safdie, who directed the movie and played Pattinson's mentally challenged brother was next level. Just a whacked out, dark, nonstop, trippy movie.

I just watched Tango and Cash for the first time in probably 20 years. Spectacular 80s action comedy all around. I'd completely forgotten about this guy:

18909-18946.jpg

Turns out his face is that way due to a rare condition called "Cherubism".

When Pacific Rim originally came out, I went in expecting the formula "Giant Robots + Giant Monsters = awesome" to be true and the movie more than met those expectations.

It turns out, the formula is a bit more complex. I'll revise it to:

Giant Robots + Giant Monsters - Guillermo Del Toro = (any Transformers) * 1.1

In other words, Pacific Rim Uprising is basically a Transformers movie, just a little bit better. Bleh.

Coaching...err...directing matters.

Attack of the Killer Donuts is MY pick for 2017's best. Features the return of C Thomas Howell. That locked it.

Back