• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Forgot a few. I also need to see Selma, The Theory of Everything, The Imitation Game, Fury, and St. Vincent

Saw The Imitation Game the other day. Enjoyed it, it was certainly well made and had very good performances, but sort of a standard biopic to me. Reminded me a little bit of A Beautiful Mind.

Both are on top of my need to watch list. Interesting that Rock and his wife announced their divorce this week.

Sad stuff. Puts his interview w/ Bill Simmons in perspective, he sounded really down and wasn't his usual boisterous self. Said he wanted to stay home and play w/ his kids instead of going on tour and doing more TV.

Foxcatcher is very well made and cast, but it's a serious downer. I've heard that Steve Carrel and Mark Ruffalo are likely to be nominated, but was really surprised by Channing Tatum's performance. He was way better than I expected.

If I hadn't read Unbroken I would have thought the movie was really good. Wasn't terrible, but pales in comparison to the book. Incredible story and think it gets unfairly marginalized because it's not the book.

The funny parts of The Interview are hilarious, but the premise and the editing make the movie drag too much. Team America was way funnier and should have pissed off the North Koreans more. Does crack me up that James Franco has a zillion degrees and still makes goofy stoner comedies.

Fuuuuuck. Just watched Calvary and I don't even know what to say about about it. Brandon Gleeson deserves a damn Oscar nomination for his role in it, I know that.

Last edited:
Both are on top of my need to watch list. Interesting that Rock and his wife announced their divorce this week.

Don't waste money on the Chris Rock movie. Mildly funny, but utterly not clever. Very disappointing from him, don't believe the reviews.

It's 4.5 stars, 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll need more convincing.

Watched Lincoln last night, enjoyed it. Can't wait for the movie about today's politics where those that stand against equality look like the clowns that they are.

saw a cool indie flick last night called "the one I love" which is a terrible title that makes it sound like a total chick flick but is actually a cool mindbender. Very much like Dark mirror or Twilight zone. And it had one of the guys from the league in it and Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men.

Big Eyes had very good performances but the movie wasn't as good as many said it would be. It's worth seeing but don't expect an Oscar level film.

saw a cool indie flick last night called "the one I love" which is a terrible title that makes it sound like a total chick flick but is actually a cool mindbender. Very much like Dark mirror or Twilight zone. And it had one of the guys from the league in it and Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men.

I've heard good things about that one too. Great concept that married people in their 30s and 40s can relate to.

Watched Blue Ruin last night on Netflix. Good low budget movie that was surprisingly suspenseful and intense.

Watched Blue Ruin last night on Netflix. Good low budget movie that was surprisingly suspenseful and intense.
Blue Ruin was great. Watching Night Moves right now, Jessie Eisenberg is some ecoterrorist. How does Eisenberg keep getting work? What, is Michael Cera incapable of scowling?

Night Moves sucked. It was overly long, the story meandered, the acting was flat, and the few moments of intensity were muted and underwritten. 85% on RT, but I give it a D

1. The idea that someone could blown up a hydroelectric dam and expect zero casualties is ludicrous.

2. Being upset over killing a person is not character development.

Looking back on it, I find Director Kelly Reichardt to be extremely overrated. I've seen 3 of her films and didn't enjoy any of them.

Last edited:
saw hobbit battle of the 5 armies last night.. fantastic end to a good trilogy.. just sad there wont be anymore lord of the ring movies

I wouldn't say fantastic. Perhaps the best of the 3 movies (1st was definitely the worst), but totally dragged out like the other two and the Legolas shit was just ridiculous, especially him becoming a superhero in the last quarter of the movie. That entire angle was heavily forced. But I will say this. Martin Freeman gave the entire trilogy a much more emotionally satisfying impact than the LOTR movies with all its stupid close ups of midgets jumping around at the end. Great casting call with him.

Saw Prisoners last night. I thought it was good but predictable. Overall it was worth the 2.5 hours I spent watching.

That movie pissed me off. Way too long for what it ended up delivering. It only went that long to give you an ending that wasn't as clever as it thought it would be. Really good acting, but somebody throw an ELC = meh tag in this thread if they haven't already.

Saw In Your Eyes last night in Netflix-- one of the best movies I've seen lately, in my opinion. Interesting story, well acted, didn't want it to end. Then again I'm a sucker for a solid love story.

Saw this flick called The Godfather on Saturday. It was pretty good.

Back