• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

nah honestly dude I have a shitton of viddy games and I would hate myself for dropping bucks and getting games I already own. would feel hella wasteful.

i only started thinking about all these subscription-services because I was looking at subscribing to the Pittsburgh paper

"time is a flat circle" - Hegel, probably

nah honestly dude I have a shitton of viddy games and I would hate myself for dropping bucks and getting games I already own. would feel hella wasteful.

It does!

I had unsubscribed for a while, came back because $12 for Kerbal was a real good deal, and I've had that on my wishlist for a while. I might cancel again tbh.

For decades, people claimed that TV would be cheaper if there was an a la carte model instead of bundles. We are basically doing a la carte and it’s still very expensive especially when you add the WiFi.

ITC, I live a suburb of a large city and I travel 30+ min at least once a month to go out for date nights or to hang out with friends. Why not do that to see a movie?

i don't know, probably b/c my wife falls asleep in basically every movie. i guess i don't value the cinema experience enough to burn an hour of date night on a drive for a movie but we probably wouldnt drive anywhere 30 min one way for a date night.

but if the library there is gonna get a copy (probs) then why subscribe?

if I really wanna go read the paper ... i mean if I really want to ... I'll go do it for free99

why lock myself down with a subscription

anyway, rewatched Dr. Strange the other day. i still think that character is best used just standing around making fun of other MCU characters

anyway, rewatched Dr. Strange the other day. i still think that character is best used just standing around making fun of other MCU characters

except in the latest Avengers where he uses THE POWER OF TIME just to tell us that the future doesn't look so good

A) you gotta wear shades
B) you know the best comic book movies dramatically hinge on a discussion about probability and statistics

"even more leverage" implies that they have any leverage to begin with. The industry as a whole seems more than happy to let MP drown itself right now.

To be honest, your entire argument here seems to be you theorycrafting some populist backlash using growth projections from the company itself (around data that isn't even actually all that relevant to the argument, because MP is keeping their important data in-house). I get that, as a MP subscriber, you have an interest in seeing it live a long and healthy life, but I don't think there's much actual data out there to support it doing so.
What the hell are you even talking about here? You seemed to not understand what Movie Pass's endgame is, and I explained it to you. Now you're being a dick because you don't think its going to work? Dude I don't fucking work for Movie Pass. Just explaining to you what they want to do. Drop the fucking attitude and stop being a prick.

oh man is the topic of negotiating leverage back as a boards debate?

Man, the happy-go-lucky crew of MDMH and RSF now super pissy micro-olds. What happened?

Time: a circle, triangle, and magazine.

Back