• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

he's right though, Baby Driver was not good, mostly due to the acting, which was indeed pretty bad

as I've said before, maybe on here: A+ idea, C- execution

I will never understand why they decided to kill Jamie Foxx and keep Jon Hamm alive for the way over the top Acting with a capital A maniac at the end of the movie.

I will never understand why they decided to kill Jamie Foxx and keep Jon Hamm alive for the way over the top Acting with a capital A maniac at the end of the movie.

The black guy dies first. It's Hollyweird tradition. I thought you'd know this. :)

Twas supposed to come out in November 2017.

Yeah. Then they moved it to July 6, 2018 (after Infinity War). And then they moved it to Black History Month even though Marvel didn't have a February 2018 date reserved.

With a 3 year old and a 2 month old, the wife and I understandably have limited movie time. We got out for a date last night, and settled on Jurassic World because we both wanna fuck Chris Pratt. About the only thing I can say for that movie is it didn't negate either of our desires to fuck Chris Pratt. Other than that, ooooof. Even for a Jurassic Park movie, that was dumb.

Recent viewings:

Oceans 8 - If the opposite of love is indifference, then I anti-love this movie. There's nothing to hate about it, being on par with any Oceans > 11. Nothing to love either. Ask me about it in 6 months and my reaction will probably be "I don't think I saw that."

Jurassic whatever this one's called - This one comes close to hate. Most of the film was the expected pastiche of prior dino films, but the ending and the motivation for it was really "WTF?" worthy.

Incredibles 2 - This one saved the week. Much fun for the whole family. Not for the whole family: there's going to be so much "rule 34" for Elasti-Girl after this.

Recent viewings:

Oceans 8 - If the opposite of love is indifference, then I anti-love this movie. There's nothing to hate about it, being on par with any Oceans > 11. Nothing to love either. Ask me about it in 6 months and my reaction will probably be "I don't think I saw that."

Jurassic whatever this one's called - This one comes close to hate. Most of the film was the expected pastiche of prior dino films, but the ending and the motivation for it was really "WTF?" worthy.

Incredibles 2 - This one saved the week. Much fun for the whole family. Not for the whole family: there's going to be so much "rule 34" for Elasti-Girl after this.

So is it fun for the whole family, or not for the whole family? Too much for a 3 year old's first theater experience?

Persona is the first Bergman I've ever seen and holy shit. It was amazing. I can't really do it justice in a post.

You jumped into the deep end with Persona as your first Bergman flick. I highly recommend The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, and Fanny & Alexander

a character made for single PhDeac if there ever was one

More like married Ph. That article is pretty funny but I’ve always thought Elasti-Girl was drawn as more of an exaggeration of new mom with wider hips from just having given birth. In other words, she looks like a lot of the hot moms in their mid-30s I know.

More like married Ph. That article is pretty funny but I’ve always thought Elasti-Girl was drawn as more of an exaggeration of new mom with wider hips from just having given birth. In other words, she looks like a lot of the hot moms in their mid-30s I know.

Creepy

i think she was just supposed to look like generic middle aged mom with a mom jeans and a widening butt

i love the theory that she's choosing that shape per her powers

You jumped into the deep end with Persona as your first Bergman flick. I highly recommend The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, and Fanny & Alexander

Yeah, it's a blind spot, but I fucking loved it. I am going to jump on some more soon. I also need to correct the Tarkovsky blind spot I have. I think I can stream all his stuff through the library's subscription to Criterion things, though Carolina Theatre in Durham is doing an encore of Sacrifice (in super duper 4k restoration!) tomorrow afternoon -- it's just during prime World Cup time. I may still see if I can swing it.

Back