• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I watched "LA Confidential" last night, and it kinda blew me away. Not at all what I was expecting (action? Cop drama?), and once it got going it departed from noir conventions in so many ways. All the famous actors were young and the performances were brilliant.

I watched "LA Confidential" last night, and it kinda blew me away. Not at all what I was expecting (action? Cop drama?), and once it got going it departed from noir conventions in so many ways. All the famous actors were young and the performances were brilliant.

I love that movie so much, man.

I saw Tag. Expected it to be much worse based on this thread. Thought it was mostly enjoyable. I like Burress though (even if his name is spelled wrong) and Hamm, so maybe am biased. I thought it was fairly funny.

Saw Jurassic World last week and this thread nailed that one. Haha.

Game Night was decent enough. A few laughs, but mostly predictable. Todd from Breaking Bad was epic, however.

Watched King Arthur Legend of the Sword on HBO the other day. Gotta say I kinda liked it. Didn't completely come together and the ending was basically a video game, but overall I was entertained

I watched The Shape of Water last night. It was interesting but not really my thing. Also i couldn’t shake the feeling that it was like ET with nudity (that I didn’t enjoy).

Redboxed Blockers, thought it was good. Not as many laughs as I expected, but the plot was much better than I expected, particularly the gender politics aspect of sex shaming girls.

Except for the performance that won the Oscar. She was dreadful, but it was noir so they could just cloak it as a noir (shitty 1940s female acting) performance.

Except for the performance that won the Oscar. She was dreadful, but it was noir so they could just cloak it as a noir (shitty 1940s female acting) performance.

Yeah, I remember reading a review of The Nice Guys that said Basinger "lost her fastball" and gives a terrible performance. I'm not sure she ever had much of a fastball to begin with.

i remember at wake that my not quite yet GF wanted to watch 9 1/2 weeks and it got her all hot so we made our first trip to poundtown. good times so i have a generally favorable opinion of kim b.

i remember at wake that my not quite yet GF wanted to watch 9 1/2 weeks and it got her all hot so we made our first trip to poundtown. good times so i have a generally favorable opinion of kim b.

She was pleasantly surprised that evening as well. Hope she was broken in.

🐎 🍆

i really quite liked the nice guys, but i forgot kim basinger was in it

Me too, on both counts. I only watched LA Confidential that one time shortly after it came out on video or went to HBO, so I probably need to see it again and ignore her performance.

The best performance in The Nice Guys was clearly Gary Wolf (Scott Wolf's brother) as the bartender, following up his epic role in The Girls' Room, co-starring me, Say Hey Deac, Punky Brewster, and Wil Wheaton, where he has a pretty awkward mutual masturbation scene with a girl he is stealing from Wheaton. Or something like that. I don't remember specifics except it was a terrible movie. I do have a copy of the dvd at home, though, maybe I should revisit.

Saw Ant Man and the Wasp last night. It was really funny. A wonderful summer flick.

Back