• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Hostiles was bad.

Lots of emo type stuff that I doubt was part of the culture on the frontier in the early 1890's. Lots of long stares into the distance...."dramatic" (boring) pauses, etc.

Great cast and scenery, but the direction, editing and dialogue was trash.

Are you serious? I thought it was the best movie I've seen in years. The scenery was great, Bale did an amazing job, and the total lack of respect for human life was both troubling and realistic.

Saw Operation Finale. Kingsley and the other actors were really good. Surprised to see Nick Kroll. Movie was pretty good. Munich was better.

Caught Justice League over the weekend. Not good, but certainly not the worst thing I've seen. Nowhere near as bad as Suicide Squad.

Chupe, have you ever seen The Piano Teacher?

It's, ugh, something.

Nope, I hadn't even heard of it. Looks intense. Maybe too intense. I'm sensitive.

Man, the universe and the internet is super weird. This just showed up on my timeline minutes after I post about a Michael Haneke movie; and, like, I'm sure I've seen the name, but he's not someone I have ever really thought about.

Murder on the Orient Express was decent enough. Felt like I needed subtitles at times for the heavy accents.

Rebel Without A Cause on the big screen

Fantastic.

Nicholas Ray is one of the greats

Saw A Simple Favor. It was OK. The first twenty minutes or so were slow.

i thought it was pretty dumb except for Blake Lively chewing scenery

paul feig is overrated and despite being a champion of women it kinda seems like he hates them

i thought it was pretty dumb except for Blake Lively chewing scenery

paul feig is overrated and despite being a champion of women it kinda seems like he hates them

Bridesmaids and Spy are objectively funny, although I'm not sure how much he had to do with that, since it's all McCarthy. I liked Lady Ghostbusters more than most (apparently), but again, that was all McKinnon and Jones (and Hemsworth).

I went to his IMDB page and learned that he directed an episode of Mad Men. Season 1 - "Shoot" - when Don gets wooed by McCann Erickson and Betty gives modeling another go. Random.

Bridesmaids and Spy are objectively funny, although I'm not sure how much he had to do with that, since it's all McCarthy. I liked Lady Ghostbusters more than most (apparently), but again, that was all McKinnon and Jones (and Hemsworth).

I went to his IMDB page and learned that he directed an episode of Mad Men. Season 1 - "Shoot" - when Don gets wooed by McCann Erickson and Betty gives modeling another go. Random.

Don't forget his starmaking role in Heavyweights

Back