• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Farenheit 11/9 is a brilliant bait and switch by MM. He suggested 2 hrs of Trump bashing and instead the movie is a wake up call to the dirty Democratic Party.

I thought the Flint segment was powerful though it was not necessary to pull Trump into it.

Moore already had a far more evil villain.

Great movie. I enjoy everything he does.

Also, the part that shows how the DNC and Hillary robbed Bernie was poignant and infuriating.

Take it from a Bernie backer

Jesus, normally why would I have to say this but I’m such a tunnels troll. The movie is much better than the liberal pack of critics let on, but I’m assuming they did not appreciate that their expectation of a Trump bashing turned into a democrat party call to arms by Moore

Don’t worry, rjk, pelosi and schumer will save you

giphy.gif

Watching Blindspotting and recognized The Shiva, holy shit she is still beautiful
21f5163a8d6c8bb6903140db4f33e378.jpg

Watched Chinatown last night for the first time. I thought it was quite boring and slow. Glad I watched it and I'm quite sure I'll never see it again.

Another recent business trip to China so I watched some movies...
I had heard of the Cloverfield movies for years but never seen them - I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane and Cloverfield. They were entertaining - I was expecting a twist at the end of the first one so wasn't as shocked as I might have been, but still cool. I was entertained by both, nothing earth-shattering.
Searching - I had never heard of this one but picked it because it is about a dad searching for his missing daughter and I have daughters, so... It was OK but I was ultimately annoyed by the way they used texting and e-mails live on the screen to tell lots of the story... I just looked and am surprised it has such a high rating on Rotten Tom...
Bohemian Rhapsody - This was really good - but I think a lot of my enjoyment relates to the fact that Queen's music was happening during the time in my life when music was important - so all the music was not only familiar but had real connections with my life.
Papillon - When I started this one I thought it was the original, which I have not seen in many years. When I saw it was a remake I almost turned it off. I ended up watching it and it wasn't bad - but it could not compare to the original. This is one of those where I have to ask - Why try to re-make it? It was a interesting coincidence that I watched this one right after BoRhap and Rami Malek is in both...
Rushmore - This is another move that I have heard of for years as part of pop culture but never seen - so I watched it. I really enjoyed it. I almost always like Bill Murray and Olivia Williams was cute and did a good job as the teacher.

Watched Chinatown last night for the first time. I thought it was quite boring and slow. Glad I watched it and I'm quite sure I'll never see it again.
Yikes.

Greatest screenplay ever.

I go back and forth between Chinatown and Taxi Driver as my favorite movie.

Last edited:
Won't You Be My Neighbor is so goddamn wholesome. I feel like a better person today after watching that.

Chupe, have you heard of Kanopy? You just need a library card (and that certainly shouldn't be a problem for you). 10 free movies a month with a catalogue that seems up your alley. I watched Orson Welles' The Stranger last night. Edward G. Robinson was that dude.

https://www.kanopy.com/

Yeahhh, I think I can get at that through our catalog. Been a lonnnng time since I saw The Stranger, I'll have to look into it. Good call.

Yeah, I've never seen that. I might get that and The Duellists next (if I can find The Duellists).

Back