• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Batman Begins really holds up, its a shame that Katie Holmes dropped out because Maggie G tries to ruin Dark Knight (she doesn't succeed thankfully).

I don't think that's how it went down.

Saw Almost Famous for the first time today. Good movie, probably would've been more impressed if I saw it as a teenager when it came out, but it was good.

this is a really underrated movie. i first saw it years ago and showed it to my 20 year old niece this summer. it still holds up. phillip seymor hoffman was fantastic and nearly every other roll was perfectly cast.

I celebrated my MLK diversity yesterday by going to watch Bradley Cooper gun down some A-rabs. He was fantastic, though I agree some of the scenes were difficult to watch. Definitely a lot of active/former military in the audience who were visibly shaken.

I liked blackhat.

I was really surprised to find out that was a Michael Mann film. From the ads, it seemed like a generic action movie dumped in the middle of January. The rotten tomato score sucks, which is a shame as it's been like a decade since Michael Mann directed a good movie.

Saw Gone Girl. Entertaining but I can't say its a good movie. I can defs see why it is a housewife watching the kids at the pool during summer page turner.

Nothing annoys me more than films that set up rules and character motivations during expostion, and then completely break them in the third act.

Reactions: Go
Like, I can't decide whether it had nothing to say, or if it just didn't know how to say what it wanted to. Like Moonz said, it was a borderline shameless propaganda movie. Two hours of 'MURCA FUCK YEAH, a powerful scene or two bookending what was basically Call of Duty footage. Which is fine. Other movies have done all of that admirably, and American Sniper probably does those things better than those other movies. Except, this movie seems to think it's the fucking Hurt Locker, and it spends way too much time trying to establish some DEEPER POINT, which ends up being that, hey, Chris Kyle was a goddamn patriot! Hooray!

It's not The Hurt Locker. Hell, it's not even Brothers or The Messenger. It's a mediocre movie dressed up in shameless tearjerking patriotism.

Havent seen American Sniper, but there is no fucking way it's on Brothers level for PTSD melodrama. Tobey Maguire dominated in that.

I saw Sniper. 2 questions. What happened to the brother? They never showed him.

I don't get either side's reaction to the movie. Why do people gotta hate or love on Kyle, just appreciate the man for the job he did for us and maybe we all need to wake the fuck up and start helping these guys that come home having to go through all that shit. I don't think either political party is helping. Which is a shame.

Watched A Most Wanted Man over the weekend and I do not recommend. It was not very good at all. It's 2 hours of PSH speaking in a German accent. Nothing happens. So boring.

Back