• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

First Man was better than any of the other nominated movies, but Armstrong was neither gay nor black, so no nods. The best part about it wasn’t the story, though, but the theater sound experience. You could hear the rattling of bolts and metal and it made you wonder how in the hell they ever got into space, much less the moon.

Green Book won Best Picture, you idiot

How long do you think it will take Hollywood liberals to remake First Man with an all-female cast?

Thought Highwaymen was really good, and agree about the brutality of Bonnie and Clyde. Crazy stuff.

Watched Leaving Las Vegas last Sunday for the first time. Talk about a bad movie for the Sunday scaries...

Thought Highwaymen was really good, and agree about the brutality of Bonnie and Clyde. Crazy stuff.

Watched Leaving Las Vegas last Sunday for the first time. Talk about a bad movie for the Sunday scaries...

a/k/a “The fear”

Green Book won Best Picture, you idiot

You mean the movie about the gay black man who apparently wasn’t gay in real life? That one had both elements covered. Good movie with better performances (though it was a bit of a letdown watching Ali on true detective and then watching GB after that), but trite.

You’d be hard pressed to find a more mediocre collection of movies nominated in the history of the Oscars.

The movie was about his straight white friend. Even a movie about a gay (?) black man was about a straight white man. Every year is a banner year for straight white men in Hollywood.

The movie was about his straight white friend. Even a movie about a gay (?) black man was about a straight white man. Every year is a banner year for straight white men in Hollywood.

And how he was the hero for learning to not be racist or at least as racist as white people in the South

You mean the movie about the gay black man who apparently wasn’t gay in real life? That one had both elements covered. Good movie with better performances (though it was a bit of a letdown watching Ali on true detective and then watching GB after that), but trite.

You’d be hard pressed to find a more mediocre collection of movies nominated in the history of the Oscars.

How dare you talk about Black Panther that way !

all I know is, my dad is a big fox news fan and he loved Green Book so it was probably awful

It wasn’t the best film this year, but you could easily make the case that it was the best of a bad list of nominees.

If the Academy wishes to reward messaging over filmmaking, it is within its rights to do so. I just think it embarrasses itself, not to mention patronizes those filmmakers.

Roma was the most boring nominee since English Patient (and was more boring than that film), but 50 years from now it will stand out above the rest because it was actually good filmmaking.

Speaking of boring, Phantom Thread. PTA has a gift for making you squirm through his movies, and it was beautifully filmed as is always the case with his stuff, but WTF? Strange film.

I would kind of love to see history-based stories get re-made with female/POC casts, if only to witness the white-hot MAGA rage.

George Washington biopic... starring Jamie Foxx.

A story about the founding of the U.N., featuring Cate Blanchett and Frances McDormand.

A retelling of Moses guiding the Jews through the desert. Moses to be played by Viola Davis.

I'd watch the shit out of all of those movies.

Watched Behind the Curve over the weekend and it was amazing to see how fucking crazy those flat earthers are (not that this was a question before watching, it just put them on center stage). And how smug they are about their stance. The main guy the follow the most is possibly the biggest narcissist in the world. But I definitely give it two thumbs up and it's defs worth a watch.

Back