• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I started it last night, agree with your take

pretty much all the movie filler stuff is whatever -- I just wanted the interviews

and yeah, Will Ferrell was painfully unfunny

The outtakes at the end are fantastic.

Saw Almodovar's film Matador today. Noirish plus Almodovar's trademark of hyper sexualization. Thought Antonio Bandera's character detracted from the film because he was such a cliche, nonsensical character. Anyways still enjoyed the film. Definitely recommend.

Re-watched a few things that hadn’t seen for a while:

Runaway Train - what an underrated ‘80s classic
Le Cercle Rouge - this and Le Samourai may be the two coolest films to ever exist. Melville was the man.
Witness for the Prosecution - just incredible how well Wilder weaved between genres, arguably the GOAT

Went to see Ad Astra last night. The shots of the planets and overall cinematography were fantastic but the story and the tone is pretty meh.

Saw it this weekend. Very well done on all levels except... story. Kept waiting for something bigger to happen. To be fair my wife disagrees with me there.

Gemini Man - great visuals and sound but a pretty bland, stupid story.

David Benioff should really stop being hired to write television and movies. He's seemingly a very good producer who can put all the pieces together pretty well but should be nowhere near the writer's table given his past writing projects.

Gemini Man - great visuals and sound but a pretty bland, stupid story.

David Benioff should really stop being hired to write television and movies. He's seemingly a very good producer who can put all the pieces together pretty well but should be nowhere near the writer's table given his past writing projects.

Amanda Peet just negrepped you. But thanks for the heads up.

Watched “the wailing”, a Korean horror flick. Well filmed and legit creepy. Almost 3 hours long too, but doesn’t feel overly long. Satisfying, but not really breaking any new ground.

Jexi is funny enough. Cookie cutter but good. A lot of funny moments.

If you're interested in about 2 hours of looking at grass and people yelling other people's names, In the Tall Grass is for you. If those things aren't your cup of tea, take a hard pass.

Watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters on a flight yesterday... I think I'm well-documented as a giant creature movie fan, so I'll say I enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible movie with a dumb message, cringe-worthy dialogue, and a ton of way-too-convenient solutions for things. But in terms of hot Godzilla on Monster Zero action, I enjoyed. Even watched the climactic fight scene a couple of times.

Godzilla vs. Kong has all of the makings of Batman vs. Superman in its pure absurdity. Godzilla would DESTROY Kong. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot and a big dummy.

Watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters on a flight yesterday... I think I'm well-documented as a giant creature movie fan, so I'll say I enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible movie with a dumb message, cringe-worthy dialogue, and a ton of way-too-convenient solutions for things. But in terms of hot Godzilla on Monster Zero action, I enjoyed. Even watched the climactic fight scene a couple of times.

Godzilla vs. Kong has all of the makings of Batman vs. Superman in its pure absurdity. Godzilla would DESTROY Kong. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot and a big dummy.

Agreed - they haven't set up Kong to be in the same league. I hope the director of that movie is the same person who did Skull Island, which is the best monster movie I've seen in decades and is severely underrated.

Edited to add that I just looked it up and the director is Adam Wingard, who directed You're Next, The Guest (both good movies), and Death Note, which I have heard is not great but still want to see. interesting choice.

Last edited:
Agreed - they haven't set up Kong to be in the same league. I hope the director of that movie is the same person who did Skull Island, which is the best monster movie I've seen in decades and is severely underrated.

Edited to add that I just looked it up and the director is Adam Wingard, who directed You're Next, The Guest (both good movies), and Death Note, which I have heard is not great but still want to see. interesting choice.

Yeah, I thought Skull Island was good. Surprisingly fun and enjoyable.

Strong agreement with the Kong/Godzilla sentiments above.

They've noted that Kong is still growing so they are setting up that he can compete. I can't imagine how big he's going to need to be to deal with big G's atomic powers though.

Wingard has been kind of disappointing lately. Death Note wasn't great and neither was Blair Witch.

Back