• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters on a flight yesterday... I think I'm well-documented as a giant creature movie fan, so I'll say I enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible movie with a dumb message, cringe-worthy dialogue, and a ton of way-too-convenient solutions for things. But in terms of hot Godzilla on Monster Zero action, I enjoyed. Even watched the climactic fight scene a couple of times.

Godzilla vs. Kong has all of the makings of Batman vs. Superman in its pure absurdity. Godzilla would DESTROY Kong. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot and a big dummy.

Yeah but what if their moms have the same name?

Watched Alita Battle Angel on a plane. CGI scenes (which is about 80% of the movie) are fun but the dialog and plot are lol bad.

Saw Joker yesterday. I think I need to see it again to decide if it was a good movie. Phoenix absolutely crushes it though, which is why I'm hesitant to call it a good movie. It might've just been him.

It kind of reminds of Lincoln in that way. Lincoln was a pretty shitty movie that was propped up by a HOF performance from the lead.

Yesterday - great concept, great execution, nice cast. Ed Sheeran was a pleasant surprise.

Venom - entertaining, if not completely silly. I was confused on Venom being a good guy until the post-credit scene from Spider-Verse gave the multi-verse context

Terminator Dark Fate - easily better than the three most recent Terminator films, although obviously nowhere near the first two. Still fun to see Linda Hamilton being badass again. I'm also a fan of Mackenzie Davis from Halt and Catch Fire. Cool effects on the new badguy Terminator.

I saw Motherless Brooklyn. Norton was good, but directed it as an homage to his own greatness. Wait for it to stream.

I also saw Harriet. It was slow but well told. I think Janelle Monae is about to become a real movie star.

Watched Bottom of the 9th on the plane yesterday. Worst movie I have seen in a long time, but I may only think that because Joe Manganiello looks like he has no idea what he is doing on a baseball field.

Yesterday - great concept, great execution, nice cast. Ed Sheeran was a pleasant surprise.

Venom - entertaining, if not completely silly. I was confused on Venom being a good guy until the post-credit scene from Spider-Verse gave the multi-verse context

Terminator Dark Fate - easily better than the three most recent Terminator films, although obviously nowhere near the first two. Still fun to see Linda Hamilton being badass again. I'm also a fan of Mackenzie Davis from Halt and Catch Fire. Cool effects on the new badguy Terminator.

Venom is an anti-hero good guy. He used to be a bad guy. Doesn’t have anything to do with the multiverse.

Saw Ford v. Ferrari - Lots of racing. Damon is very good. Once again Bale showed why he could be considered the best actor of his generation. Definitely worth seeing. Needs to be seen on a big screen, wouldn't be as good on a TV.

Stuber playing on the tv at my hotel. Some funny parts, but not enough to make it redeemable.

Last edited:
I watched that Gosling movie Drive the other day -- also had Cranston and Albert Brooks in it, Carey Mulligan. It was aight. Decent enough time, but I'll probably never watch it again. Very Michael Mann.

Blue Valentine is the best Gosling movie. Drive and The Place Beyond the Pines both tried to capture that same lightning in a bottle but could not.

Blue Valentine is the best Gosling movie. Drive and The Place Beyond the Pines both tried to capture that same lightning in a bottle but could not.

Blue Valentine is soul-crushing, man. Just agonizing to watch those people fall apart. Drive is a strong contender for my favorite movie ever. Full disclosure, though. I'd leave my wife in a heartbeat for Gosling, and I've never seen one of his movies I didn't like, so I'm probably not the most objective critic.

I've been sitting on a couple of dvds that were loaned to me by friends, so might do a Dead Ringers (never seen it) and After Hours (love it) double feature tonight. I think my favorite scene in After Hours is early, when Griffin Dunne goes to Linda Fiorentino's place waiting on Arquette to show, and she's doing papier mache and takes off her shirt, or something, and he goes "you have a great body," and she replies, "Yeah. Not a lot of scars." Cracks me up, man.

I've never seen either of those other Gosling movies. I'll keep them in mind.

Blue Valentine is soul-crushing, man. Just agonizing to watch those people fall apart. Drive is a strong contender for my favorite movie ever. Full disclosure, though. I'd leave my wife in a heartbeat for Gosling, and I've never seen one of his movies I didn't like, so I'm probably not the most objective critic.

Agree on Drive -- one of my all time favorites.

The one he did with Russell Crowe where they're both detectives in the 70s was pretty good. Had to look up the name (The Nice Guys), which means maybe it wasn't that great. Ha.

Half Nelson is an amazing performance as well. Scored by Broken Social Scene. I may need to spend the next hour or so ranking my fave Gosling movies.

Half Nelson is an amazing performance as well. Scored by Broken Social Scene. I may need to spend the next hour or so ranking my fave Gosling movies.

Ah shit yes. This movie rules. Maybe better than Blue Valentine. Forgot about it! Also gut-punch!

1.) Drive
2.) Blue Valentine
3.) Half Nelson
4.) Lars and the Real Girl
5.) Nice Guys
6.) The Believer
7.) First Man
8.) Blade Runner 2049
9.) Crazy Stupid Love
10.) Lala Land

Not gonna lie though. Unabashedly love The Notebook and Gangster Squad.

Back