• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Just watched a movie called Peanut butter Falcon on Amazon Prime. Really good. One of the most touching movies we’ve seen in awhile. Setting is outer banks.

There's a buzz growing to nominate the actor with Down's Syndrome for Best Supporting Actor. I'd be shocked if he isn't.

It was up for Best Picture. That it didn't deserve. It was good but not more than that.

P.S. I said the same thing when it came out...not a backlash...

There are like 10 films up for best picture every year. Half of them fall in the suck to mediocre category. Most of the movies that year were so so films with strong individual performances. Hell or High Water was the best of the bunch and the only one I have any desire to watch more than once.

You can go through the list of best pic nominees for the last several years and find a lot of movies much worse than La La Land. Performances were solid, songs too as far as musicals go, and it has a great retro musical feel that isn’t easy to pull off. I don’t care for musicals and enjoyed it.

Watched Ad Astra on a couple of flights the last two days.

Really enjoyed the first 3/4 of it... The payoff at the end was kind of meh, but I get the movie wasn't supposed to be an action flick. More of a father/son story, commentary on God, etc.

I liked the first 3/4 of it enough to recommend it to others, but your opinion of the end will make or break it for you.

Makes sense why critics loved it and audiences largely thought it was just OK.

I'm not really a "who dun it" aficionado, but "Knives Out" was fantastic. It seemed original enough. If you don't have plans this weekend, get to the theater and have some fun.

I've had a good run recently at the theater:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Nice movie. Not nearly as affecting as the documentary. This is better described as "The Mr. Rogers is the catalyst for someone else's story". Fortunately that still works.

Jojo Rabbit - another Taika Waititi home run (or penalty try*, since he's a Kiwi). Like basically each and every one of his movies, it's hilarious and darkly sorrowful simultaneously. Endorsed with all due enthusiasm.

Parasite - amazing. I'm about ready to fanboy this director (Bong Joon-ho) like I do Waititi.

* I have no idea if I'm using this rugby term correctly.

Richard Jewell is a pretty strong statement about what happens when law enforcement is under tremendous pressure to find someone who is responsible for a crime. Also something of an indictment of media doing anything to get a story. When those forces combine, innocent people get caught up in the feeding frenzy and persecuted (not prosecuted).

Just watched The Irishman. It was a good enough story, but it’s definitely a slog. It’s totally fine, but I don’t think it’s a must see.

Once upon a time in Hollywood is slow for a Tarantino flick. I dig it, but definitely different for him.

Richard Jewell is a pretty strong statement about what happens when law enforcement is under tremendous pressure to find someone who is responsible for a crime. Also something of an indictment of media doing anything to get a story. When those forces combine, innocent people get caught up in the feeding frenzy and persecuted (not prosecuted).

There’s been quite a bit of controversy over the AJC’s portrayal in the movie. AJC sent a letter demanding a disclaimer.

I was standing right where the bomb went off in Olympic park less than an hour before the explosion.

Chris, were you listening to the band there? My friend was playing back-up.

We were at the band before. We thought it was going to be Black Uruhu up next, but when they announced Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks, we decided to leave as we were tired to go back to the apartment of the sister of the guy I was there with. By the time we got back the bombing was all over the news.

Back