• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I wonder if they'd even "announce" a vaccine before they have a supply that can cover the majority of the population.

Just like with the testing, I bet it starts with requiring a script from your PCP to limit a rush. After the healthcare front line, first responders, etc (what Gossett said).

Trump ain’t gonna keep a lid on it

Trump ain’t gonna keep a lid on it

Why should he? He's got the best people vetting his numerous cures and vaccines. Just gotta decide which of his jenius ideas make the most money for the trump org.

2300 movies? That’s over 6 months worth of movies. That’s over 18 months of a 40 hour work week. Damn.

Plus the time to write the review? That’s a part time job. Are you making any revenue?

I have only written like 9 reviews. I have difficulty with reviewing media in long form because it often involves making assumptions of intent, which I hate. Plus i'm not very good at it. Hopefully in time I will get better.

I watched "The Lodge" last night and posted a review

Watched the new Michael Shannon & Shea Wigham film "The Quarry" last night and posted a review on letterboxd

Did a double feature last night of Richard Burton in The Spy Who Came In From The Cold and Elliott Gould in California Split.

I had seen California Split before, but it rocked again.

Spy was amazing! Great Le Carre adaptation, Burton excellent. Didn't know the director but it had a super cool vibe and looked great.

Looks like Martin Ritt also did Paris Blues, which is great. So I guess I had seen one thing he did. Cool cool.

where did you watch The Spy Who Came in from the Cold?

I'm now 4 books through the 8 book Smiley set, and I know it's against consensus but Looking Glass War is by far my favorite so far. Tinker Tailor is next.

It's on Prime. It was great.

Have you seen the Alec Guinness Tinker Tailor and Smiley's People? Those are both great series.

I've actually never read any Le Carre, I don't think, and I love spy shit! Need to check those out.

Never heard of Spy, but just looked it up and it looks great. Looks lie it's available on Prime.

The movie, dkn?

I think I saw the BBC version on youtube years ago, but if you can find the Beeb's mini-series with Guinness as Smiley, it is worth checking out. Highly HIGHLY recommend.

I didn't think the second series Smiley's People was quite as good, but it is still a good time if you like the first series.

Last edited:
only problem with oldman or guinness as smiley is smiley is supposed to be FAT

Man, I thought it was excellent. Another good, somewhat recent, spy movie Le Carre adaptation I dug was A Most Wanted Man, but I think I heard people didn't really like that one, either, so maybe just me.

I just watched The Crying Game for the first time last night. Pretty great film. Even when you know the big reveal, it’s still a jarring experience . Amazing how it handles those issues for a 92 flick.

Man, I thought it was excellent. Another good, somewhat recent, spy movie Le Carre adaptation I dug was A Most Wanted Man, but I think I heard people didn't really like that one, either, so maybe just me.

I read the book and didn't think the movie would be good either.

I reviewed "Chapter 27" the film about the assasination of John Lennon, where Jared Leto gained like 70 pounds for some reason. Check it out on my letterboxd @nottoiletthings

Watched a couple more great Les Blank docs yesterday: Chulas Fronteras about the music/culture on the Tex/Mex border; and J'ai Ete Au Bal, about the roots of cajun/zydeco. Really great stuff. Lots of accordion.

Started an Italian flick on Criterion - Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, and started Bob Hoskins' film debut The Long Good Friday (since it's so close in name to one of my faves The Long Goodbye), and planning on either starting both those over and/or finishing them. I just got tired.

Back