• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I nearly filed for divorce when my wife said she wasn't interested in watching B&T3. Now I have to find two hours when she and the kids aren't around so I can watch it in peace.

This is the correct take. But I’ll watch.

Bill and Ted Face the Music? Most righteous dudes.

I LMAOd (or is past tense LdMAO?) many times. Very funny, very satisfying. I don't imagine anyone that liked the first two wouldn't like this. I also don't imagine anyone that didn't like the first two would like this. Since I'm in the former category, I found it totally non heinous.

That movie was non non non non non heinous indeed.

The live action Mulan is ok. They made good decisions to deviate from the animated Mulan but didn’t do enough with it. Somehow a Disney rated G film from 1998 handled gender roles better than a PG-13 film in 2020.

Don’t spend $30 unless you were really excited to see it. Just watch the original animated Mulan and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon instead.

Last edited:
Tenet was......something. The weakest Nolan film in my opinion. I’m sure I could read synopses of it that will explain it, but as you’re watching the first time if the entire movie doesn’t make sense you’ve failed as a story teller

Tenet was......something. The weakest Nolan film in my opinion. I’m sure I could read synopses of it that will explain it, but as you’re watching the first time if the entire movie doesn’t make sense you’ve failed as a story teller

i agree with this. least favorite nolan film. way too dense and incomprehensible and lacking in soul. characters just talk in exposition vomit to each other through most of the film.

it's technically brilliant and great looking film. it must've been incredibly difficult to make. there are some nice set pieces but not better than most nolan fare. i also don't know why everything is technically done at the highest level but the sound mixing/editing sucks ass in so many nolan films. its difficult to understand the dialogue in lots of scenes, whenever the characters are talking through masks/on walkies/radio, which is often. does nolan just hear shit differently?

i agree with this. least favorite nolan film. way too dense and incomprehensible and lacking in soul. characters just talk in exposition vomit to each other through most of the film.

it's technically brilliant and great looking film. it must've been incredibly difficult to make. there are some nice set pieces but not better than most nolan fare. i also don't know why everything is technically done at the highest level but the sound mixing/editing sucks ass in so many nolan films. its difficult to understand the dialogue in lots of scenes, whenever the characters are talking through masks/on walkies/radio, which is often. does nolan just hear shit differently?

Yes as much as I love Nolan’s big set pieces with a pounding Hans Zimmer score, when the action is cut together too quickly for comprehension and you don’t really understand what the characters are trying to accomplish anyway it doesn’t amount to much

Bill and Ted Face the Music? Most righteous dudes.

I LMAOd (or is past tense LdMAO?) many times. Very funny, very satisfying. I don't imagine anyone that liked the first two wouldn't like this. I also don't imagine anyone that didn't like the first two would like this. Since I'm in the former category, I found it totally non heinous.

What if you watched the original approximately 300 times and once was enough for the sequel? As much as I love the original, I can't fathom throwing down $25 for this one. Obviously would be a fine price if it's a family event, though.

What if you watched the original approximately 300 times and once was enough for the sequel? As much as I love the original, I can't fathom throwing down $25 for this one. Obviously would be a fine price if it's a family event, though.

What else are you spending your money on these days ? Hand sanitizer and masks ?

I watched The Invisible man last night with Elizabeth Moss. I actually watched the movie with my dog; Ms. Moss was simply acting in the movie. Lame-ass movie. However, the guy who played an invisible person should probably win the Oscar. He was actually much better at acting invisibly than he was when you could see him.

Wife is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan so we watched the new Netflix movie Enola Holmes last night and we both really enjoyed it. Just a fun, not too serious, young adult geared movie.

Back