• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I watched The Invisible man last night with Elizabeth Moss. I actually watched the movie with my dog; Ms. Moss was simply acting in the movie. Lame-ass movie. However, the guy who played an invisible person should probably win the Oscar. He was actually much better at acting invisibly than he was when you could see him.

I came here to post about how much I enjoyed this movie. What didn't you like about it?

What did your dog think?

I came here to post about how much I enjoyed this movie. What didn't you like about it?

What did your dog think?

First of all, what kind of mega-millionaire would get off on controlling a chick like Elizabeth Moss, who is a 5 at best ? Bad casting.

Second, shouldn't a movie about an invisible man be about some of the cool shit you can do because you're invisible instead of trying to get your wife pregnant when she hates your guts ?

Dog slept.

Wife is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan so we watched the new Netflix movie Enola Holmes last night and we both really enjoyed it. Just a fun, not too serious, young adult geared movie.

Want to watch with my 11 yo daughter. Age appropriate? Her 8 yo brother?

Want to watch with my 11 yo daughter. Age appropriate? Her 8 yo brother?

I think it's appropriate for both. No more violent than a harry potter movie. I think an 11 yo girl would absolutely love it since the main character is a smart, strong, badass 16 yo girl.

We went to the theater and saw Tenet last week. My thoughts:
- Not sure if the theater jacked the volume up or if it was Nolan's vision that we should feel our seats shaking from the sound. Either way, it was loud AF.
- It was extremely CONFUSING. Inception:Tenet::Goodnight Moon:The Wealth of Nations
- Theater in Indian Land SC was the safest place I have been out in months. There was one other couple in the entire place. And by "entire place" I might mean the 12 screen multiplex. I saw NO ONE at the concession stand, in the restroom, etc.

It was nice to go out to see a movie again.

We went to the theater and saw Tenet last week. My thoughts:
- Not sure if the theater jacked the volume up or if it was Nolan's vision that we should feel our seats shaking from the sound. Either way, it was loud AF.
- It was extremely CONFUSING. Inception:Tenet::Goodnight Moon:The Wealth of Nations
- Theater in Indian Land SC was the safest place I have been out in months. There was one other couple in the entire place. And by "entire place" I might mean the 12 screen multiplex. I saw NO ONE at the concession stand, in the restroom, etc.

It was nice to go out to see a movie again.

Where is this magical land of open cinema?

I followed along with Inception pretty well, but if I had to explain it to somebody I am sure it would sound like I have no idea what I am talking about (which is the case with most things).

If you are telling me Tenet is that much harder to understand than Inception, then I probably should just skip it (and so should most everyone else).

Tenet was more difficult to me. At least I felt like I understood the goal and premise of Inception, if not the implementation or the methods. Tenet I was lost throughout. I spent the entire time telling myself “ok, I’ll just trust that scene made some sense so I can move onto the next one”, and before I knew it, the movie was over and I realized I did that for every scene.

Like Inception, I will probably never watch it again to figure out exactly what is going on. I haven’t heard of a single person that watched it and understood it, so to me, that means it probably isn’t worth figuring out and would likely only serve to make me one very annoying party guest.

Last edited:
Tenet made very little sense to me. It’s almost a movie that you should read a complete spoiler recap before you see it so that you might actually be able to somewhat follow it

Where is this magical land of open cinema?

As Biff noted, that one was in Indian Land, barely into SC south of Ballantyne. There is another theater in Rock Hill that is still open.

I followed along with Inception pretty well, but if I had to explain it to somebody I am sure it would sound like I have no idea what I am talking about (which is the case with most things).

If you are telling me Tenet is that much harder to understand than Inception, then I probably should just skip it (and so should most everyone else).

Tenet was more difficult to me. At least I felt like I understood the goal and premise of Inception, if not the implementation or the methods. Tenet I was lost throughout. I spent the entire time telling myself “ok, I’ll just trust that scene made some sense so I can move onto the next one”, and before I knew it, the movie was over and I realized I did that for every scene.

Like Inception, I will probably never watch it again to figure out exactly what is going on. I haven’t heard of a single person that watched it and understood it, so to me, that means it probably isn’t worth figuring out and would likely only serve to make me one very annoying party guest.

Tenet made very little sense to me. It’s almost a movie that you should read a complete spoiler recap before you see it so that you might actually be able to somewhat follow it

All of these I agree with. Esp the last bit - there are definitely some spoilers that you'd miss out on the surprise on, but I do think that knowing the story in advance would help with enjoying the movie.

Yeah, maybe read an in-depth breakdown so you can pretend you read the book going in and just enjoy the action; because even the action is confusing.

Last edited:
Saw the new Bill & Ted. I was not expecting much, but I enjoyed it. Definitely better than Bogus Journey and it definitely had some laughs, as well as call-backs to the original that will please dorks like me who watched it about 100 times growing up. The girl who played Ted's daughter basically did a very good Ted imitation throughout the movie.

holy fuck I have been sleeping on Whiplash what a fucking film

Just watched Ouija Origin of Evil. I think Mako and MDMH recommended it on the scary movie thread. Dudes...wow...scary

First view of Glass and Deadwood (the movie).

Glass didn't live up to my expectations until the ending. Complete surprise.

Deadwood was like attending a reunion with all of your best friends in attendance. The series was outstanding and the movie tied up all the loose ends. My only criticism is the movie lacked a brief stretch of dialogue where the vulgarity disappears and the English language is elevated to art. Those infrequent moments in the series never ceased to amaze me.

Back