• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Medal stand of funniest films ever:

Dr. Strangelove
Holy Grail
Blazing Saddles

i mean, strangelove is funny but you better be pretty up on your mid-century politics to get the full experience

You can't beat Peter Boyle. The original Producers was very close as was Airplane.

One that people won't agree with but I really liked was Johnny Dangerously.

Another one I liked but may not rise to Top 10 was Big Trouble.

Medal stand of funniest films ever:

Dr. Strangelove
Holy Grail
Blazing Saddles

Don't get me wrong, I dig all these movies but Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funnier than each by a significant margin.

kong vs godzilla looks pretty stupid and awesome, right?

Pretty much. I spent a few minutes to reconcile seemingly conflicting thoughts of "this looks insulting to our intelligence" with "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" but I decided to just go with it, like watching a cgi heavy Wrestlemania.

What I said was it is a cute movie. One that can be watched more than once, but it isn't an all time great.

Midnight Sky was kind of slow and dour, but man the ending got me (even though kind of expected).

Just watched Grand Budapest Hotel last night, my wife and I thought it was really amusing and laughed quite a bit. Forgot it was Wes Anderson who directed. I love Rushmore.

Caught the last 1/2 - 2/3rds of The Lobster on Showtime this afternoon...weird and intriguing/fascinating...I’ll have to watch the whole thing now.

I'm Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Axiety, fwiw.

I watched The Gentlemen a week or 2 ago and really enjoyed it. I'm a Guy Ritchie fan and enjoyed his return to his Snatch and Lock Stock bad boy British crime action comedy genre. I love his style and dialogue. Collin Ferrell and Hugh Grant were particularly good. And Ritchie is currently shooting a MI6 action comedy with Jason Statham that will come out later this year.

Watched "Some Kind of Heaven" this weekend. A documentary about life in the Villages in Florida. My wife has some family that lives there and she found parts of it hilarious. Not to give away too much of it away, but one of the main characters is an 81 year old guy who lives in a van, trying to pick up a rich, attractive, older woman who will let him move in with her. I really wish that they had gone more into what this guy had been doing the previous 80 years of his life to end up here, but all an all a good watch. I have been fascinated by the concept of the villages for sometime, so this was right up my alley of interest.

We watched Julie & Julia last night via Netflix.

Enjoyable enough...has led me to plenty of interesting tangents to pursue on the Internet.

Watched "Some Kind of Heaven" this weekend. A documentary about life in the Villages in Florida. My wife has some family that lives there and she found parts of it hilarious. Not to give away too much of it away, but one of the main characters is an 81 year old guy who lives in a van, trying to pick up a rich, attractive, older woman who will let him move in with her. I really wish that they had gone more into what this guy had been doing the previous 80 years of his life to end up here, but all an all a good watch. I have been fascinated by the concept of the villages for sometime, so this was right up my alley of interest.

We saw the preview for this, and I’d like to watch. My wife is from Sumter County before it was The Villages. She has some good stories.

Back