Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233273278279280281282283
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5655

Thread: Official thread about the movie you just saw

I disagree with you
    wonder woman '84 was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    wonder woman '84 was terrible
    Agreed. I thought the first WW movie was great, and was really disappointed with the sequel. I was looking forward to all the 80s pop culture references like "Stranger Things" did so well, but other than a few scenes the movie could easily have been set in modern times. A real mess of a movie, and it wasted Pedro Pascal.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Saw The Mighty Ducks for the first time. My 8 year old wanted to see it. Pretty funny to see him get sucked into basic 90s/sports movie tropes. Early in the movie, he said “It doesn’t look as old as I thought it would for an early 90s movie.”

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Saw The Mighty Ducks for the first time. My 8 year old wanted to see it. Pretty funny to see him get sucked into basic 90s/sports movie tropes. Early in the movie, he said “It doesn’t look as old as I thought it would for an early 90s movie.”
    for the FIRST TIME?!

I disagree with you
    also, recently watched Wolfwalkers on Apple+ and it's pretty great; the other two movies by the same director are also very well done, Secret of the Kells and Song of the Sea. Especially Song of the Sea, moved my 5 yr old to tears at the end. "Dad, why are my eyes watering?"

I really liked Nobody with Bob Odenkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    I really liked Nobody with Bob Odenkirk.
    +1

it wasn't well-reviewed but I enjoyed Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    it wasn't well-reviewed but I enjoyed Arkansas
    Loved it. And the music was gold.

I got around to Midnight Sky. It filled me with a sense of "bleh".

I watched Possessor over the weekend and really enjoyed it; good sci-fi/dystopian thriller with some pretty interesting visuals. I think a re-watch or two would help pull some things together you might miss in the first viewing as it's got a lot going on like with Inception.

watched Bad Trip last night and holy shit is it funny. I laughed until I could barely breathe and my wife thought I was an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Loved it. And the music was gold.
    yeah, the country covers by the Flaming Lips were fun

can't find a soundtrack release though

Finally watched Tenet. They really should've called it Inversion, but that would've been too close to Inception, I guess.

It hooked me right from the outset and was a cool idea and twist on the usual time travel thing, but required a stronger lead actor to pull it off, I think. Washington doesn't have the chops to pull off a lot of that dialogue, which, granted, is pretty ridiculous at times. And there is some really clunky writing-- like throwing in the conversation about the grandfather paradox just so he could interject in a conversation 15 min later, "The grandfather paradox," as a sign that he understood what was going on.

Overall it got me thinking, "Wait a sec," frequently in trying to figure out the countering timelines and how stuff that hadn't happened yet was going to happen. In that sense, the movie has rewatchability, but I have no desire to watch it again like I did with Inception. It's a cool concept, somewhat cooly pulled off, but in general I just kind of think the concept is easy to comprehend and I get the ending and don't particularly feel like scrambling my brain again for 2 1/2 hours.

Inversion would fit in with Nolan's "in" movies -- Inception, Interstellar, Insomnia