• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched Palm Springs last night and thought it was pretty good. Initially figured it would be just another Groundhog Day knockoff, which it kinda sorta is, but it was funny and quirky and had just enough twists to keep it interesting. So if you're looking for an easy no effort watch I'd give it a look.

I'm about halfway through Doctor Death on Peacock. It's excellent. Some clunky early expository dialog but the cast is kinda insane. Such a fucked up story.

I'm about halfway through Doctor Death on Peacock. It's excellent. Some clunky early expository dialog but the cast is kinda insane. Such a fucked up story.

yeah I posted about it on the Netflix thread. need to listen to the podcast. wife was obsessed when that was first out and telling everyone to listen.

LaFlop

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...ith-space-jam-characters-in-akron/8023952002/

77aa439c-c4e7-456e-a01b-7acb3dee47bc-space_jam_mural.jpg

Watched "The Vault" on Netflix. Entertaining and well done. How do you accomplish what appears impossible?

Saw Jungle Cruise over the weekend because my wife remembered liking the ride at Disney when she was a kid. She also likes the Rock. It wasn't unwatchable, but it wasn't great. It was certainly fun at times, but it was a lot more campy than I thought it would be. Maybe that's my fault.

Shouldn’t be surprised they made a campy Disney movie based on a Disney ride known for corny jokes.

watched Bad Trip last night and holy shit is it funny. I laughed until I could barely breathe and my wife thought I was an idiot.

Watched last night with my wife. Tiffany Haddish is so fucking funny.

Minari was thoroughly enjoyable. Really hit all the right notes. A universal story that didn't really delve off into some places where it could've gone but didn't need to, and it is better for it. Has the same sort of feel as Nomadland with its style, but not as boring or as out there. A side note-- I expected it to be primarily in English or maybe half/half. It is not. It is primarily in Korean with some English mixed in.

Saw Jungle Cruise over the weekend because my wife remembered liking the ride at Disney when she was a kid. She also likes the Rock. It wasn't unwatchable, but it wasn't great. It was certainly fun at times, but it was a lot more campy than I thought it would be. Maybe that's my fault.

same experience here. i enjoyed it more 20 years ago, when it was called Pirates of the Caribbean

Watched Ride the Eagle the other night and thought it was great. Quirky and funny and just a fun watch.

I rather enjoyed Free Guy. It's like they did Pixels, but made everything not suck, including the leads. Make that especially the leads. Worth risking catching the 'Rona.

Blucas sighting in Brawl In Cell Block 99, although I didn't realize it until the credits rolled and his name popped up.

That Zahler guy makes some disturbing films. Good films, but just brutally violent.

Watched Coda and Red Sea Diving Resort this weekend. Both hit notes of better movies (Mr Holland’s Opus and Argo) but thought they were both solid

Also enjoyed Free Guy. Very entertaining.

Last edited:
Mike Wallace Is Here on Hulu was very good, as was Becoming Bond, which was more fun.

Back