• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Thats the point, they redid it to match the movie. They could have just redone it without making Pirates of the Caribbean Amazon edition.

But they didn't do it to match the movie. It's not like there's a bunch of The Rock animatronics like they added Johnny Depp to pirates. They changed the ride to get rid of some of the offensive stuff.

(Disney Exec Meeting)
Exec 1: The Jungle Cruise ride is going to be problematic soon, antiquated racial overtones and the like.
Exec 2: Should we just modernize it and remove the problematic parts?
Exec 1: No, lets spend hundreds of millions of dollars to rebrand it and use a new movie for a cover.
Exec 2: That sounds expensive, and how will we make it into a movie, there is no plot?
Exec 1: Lets just take the plot from Pirates of the Caribbean movie and set it in the Amazon.
Exec 2: That is genius. We will make a fortune, everyone loved Pirates.
(End Scene)

this. it was extremely obvious watching the movie (Jungle Cruise) that they took the Pirates schtick and pasted it on this movie. it was fine, but not worth a second look.

Jonah Hill to play Jerry Garcia in a biopic directed by Martin Scorsese. Interested for sure.

I liked Old Joy and appreciate a 75-minute movie

defs gonna check out more Kelly Reichardt movies

Licorice Pizza was solid. More of a feelgood flick from PTA, which is rare for him (maybe Punchdrunk Love qualifies as feelgood?). Well cast and acted, especially when you consider how many no-names are in it. And, as usual from PTA, full of a few weird/surreal moments that provide some quality comic relief.

I recently saw "Everything Everywhere All At Once" and boy is my brain Fd. What a wild movie. Loved it even though I couldn't write a coherent 1-paragraph summary of it.

I recently saw "Everything Everywhere All At Once" and boy is my brain Fd. What a wild movie. Loved it even though I couldn't write a coherent 1-paragraph summary of it.

1A did a movie club show about it. The host said they usually do a disclaimer about spoilers but the panel agreed they couldn’t really spoil anything.

Ditto. Very good movie. Takes a ton of risks and they pay off. That's reason enough to see it. During the first third of the movie I was "WTF is this? This is weird for its own sake. I think I dozed a few times and didn't miss anything." During the last half of the movie, I knew exactly what was going on and got the feels everyone else in the theater did.

Loved Jamie Lee Curtis in the movie and the irony of her role versus her first roles. Again on risks, I walked out of the theater asking, "what actor reads that script and goes 'yeah, looks like a winner. Sign me up.'" Also the writer and director betting hotdog fingers and 10 minutes of rocks in dialogue would not lose the audience.

This is an atheist/agnostic manifesto.

Oh, and the husband played the kid sidekick in Temple of Doom ("Dr Jones!") and was in Goonies.

If you're the kind of person that complains that "the only movies made today are superhero flicks and sequels" then do your part and see "The Northman". It's a great movie, another big win for Eggers but not doing so hot at the box office (12.3M opening weekend) and deserves a $$$ boost to be the kind of movie to get the greenlight in the future. I haven't seen "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent" (yet) so I can't comment firsthand on it, but it only made 7M.

Anyway, Eggers continues his streak of making spectacle of sight and sound that merits being seen on the best screen available. An actor getting ripped is nothing new but Skarsgard's traps are freakish. I've never seen True Blood but I just found out his character's name on that show was... Northman.

I saw it on opening night. Still thinking about it and probably need to see it again. Featured some cool moments that I'd read about and imagined but never seen on screen. Eggers does weirdness so well

folks that have seen Everything Everywhere All at Once, what percentage of the movie is subtitled?

Back