• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw The Northman. I love that kind of sword and sandals stuff, but was a bit underwhelmed. The Nordic mysticism was a fresh take, but I thought a bit overdone. It's like it wanted to be 1982 Conan and instead got bogged down in the darkness and goofier elements of 13th Warrior.

We enjoyed the Elvis movie. The first third is a hurried mess. But the rest of the movie is pretty good. Austin Butler crushes it as Elvis.

Took the kid to see The Rise of Gru. Maybe it was because I was in the theater and it was sensory overload, but I enjoyed it the least of all the Despicable Me/Minions movies. It seemed extremely half-baked and had fewer laughs than the others, plus the kid maybe laughed 5 times during the entire movie (I think it was fewer-- like 3 times). Also, movies are fucking expensive these days. $20 to rent and watch at home is a freaking steal.

Took the kid to see The Rise of Gru. Maybe it was because I was in the theater and it was sensory overload, but I enjoyed it the least of all the Despicable Me/Minions movies. It seemed extremely half-baked and had fewer laughs than the others, plus the kid maybe laughed 5 times during the entire movie (I think it was fewer-- like 3 times). Also, movies are fucking expensive these days. $20 to rent and watch at home is a freaking steal.

We just got back from seeing it. It was our son’s first experience at the theater and he did remarkably well. I thought it was fine. Nothing spectacular.

Watched Everything Everywhere All At Once (loved it) and The Unbearably Weight of Massive Talent (liked it a lot). Pedro Pascal was so great with his general over-exuberance about everything, and the 5-10 minute tripping on LSD part was amazing.

Watched trailers for "Brian and Charles" and "Phantom of the Open". Has anyone watched either one? Both only to buy (or rent for $20, no thanks) right now, but curious if anyone has any thoughts. Both looked pretty great to me and my wife and have fantastic reviews.

Watched The Unbearably Weight of Massive Talent (liked it a lot). Pedro Pascal was so great with his general over-exuberance about everything, and the 5-10 minute tripping on LSD part was amazing.

we loved the movie...classic Cage!

Saw Nope this weekend and it was great fun. Saw the 10:30 show and bet my wife there was no way she would stay awake but it was so good that she was wide awake the whole time.

This is for an audience of 1, you know who you are.

This is for an audience of 1, you know who you are.

2248133718ea07e77a8ec98f770d3c0a.jpg

How we get 1 master & commander and like 7 Pirates of the Caribbean’s?

who knows. it was expensive and probably hard as hell to film. not quite successful enough to launch a franchise based on nautical filming and practical effects.

let us all be grateful it exists at all, i suppose

ITC’s favorite part is when they spend time on the island collecting lizards and therefore is content with 20 seasons of survivor

Practical effects are so much better. When the actors are really suffering and getting hurt it really shows on the screen.

Back