• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Yeah I wasn't going to get to go during parenting time or valuable date night time, so I just went. Definitely worth it. It is a long movie, though. With trailers, it was almost 3 hours.

Just saw the opening weekend numbers. $60.2 million. Highest grossing R rated movie ever in August. Made more than Rogue Nation and Ant-Man. 8th biggest opening weekend of the year. All on a $29M budget. Sequels may happen.

Definitely agree with Strickland that it was well acted. It's always weird to (be old enough to) see biopics about people you remember. The dude who played Easy E was Easy E. Eerie. I hope O'Shea Jr gets work aside from playing his dad or roles his dad would play. He's got talent. Dude who played Dre was very good. And Ren and Yella have nothing to complain about their portrayals. They were sidekicks, but the film did right by them. Aldis Hodge is a strong actor. I'd like to see him get a lead role along the way.

I was really impressed with their choices with the music. What to use in the studio, what to use in concerts, what to use in the background. The cameos were excellent. Suge was what you'd expect Suge to be.

Dammit, now you have me all excited, I need to find time to go check it out. I was hoping you would say it was mediocre so I could wait for DVD.

Nah. I'm glad I went to see it. It's not your typical rise and fall bio pic, mostly because Cube and Dre are still rising and Easy was rising until he died.

Warning: You're really going to want to have a pool party after watching this movie.

Yeah I wasn't going to get to go during parenting time or valuable date night time, so I just went. Definitely worth it. It is a long movie, though. With trailers, it was almost 3 hours.

Just saw the opening weekend numbers. $60.2 million. Highest grossing R rated movie ever in August. Made more than Rogue Nation and Ant-Man. 8th biggest opening weekend of the year. All on a $29M budget. Sequels may happen.

Definitely agree with Strickland that it was well acted. It's always weird to (be old enough to) see biopics about people you remember. The dude who played Easy E was Easy E. Eerie. I hope O'Shea Jr gets work aside from playing his dad or roles his dad would play. He's got talent. Dude who played Dre was very good. And Ren and Yella have nothing to complain about their portrayals. They were sidekicks, but the film did right by them. Aldis Hodge is a strong actor. I'd like to see him get a lead role along the way.

I was really impressed with their choices with the music. What to use in the studio, what to use in concerts, what to use in the background. The cameos were excellent. Suge was what you'd expect Suge to be.

sorry, but this came to mind

Last edited:
You guys were way off on Babadook. Good set up, but the ending was so heavy-handed and not suspenseful.

You guys were way off on Babadook. Good set up, but the ending was so heavy-handed and not suspenseful.
Its not just us - 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, 86% on Metacritic.

Just saw Straight Outta Compton and it was great. I'd been looking forward to it for a few months and it did not disappoint. The relationship between Easy E and Jerry Heller was very compelling.

Watched Lost in Translation on Sunday night. I had seen it in college but didn't particularly care for it. And it didn't really get any better on a second watch.

Last night we watched the New Godzilla. It was pretty decent as far as turning it on and not having to think too hard and being entertained.

Watched Lost in Translation on Sunday night. I had seen it in college but didn't particularly care for it. And it didn't really get any better on a second watch.

Last night we watched the New Godzilla. It was pretty decent as far as turning it on and not having to think too hard and being entertained.

I thought Lost in Translation was a lot better after I had been to Tokyo. The movie does a great job in capturing how alienating and foreign a first-time visit to Japan can be, especially when you are alone.

Love in Translation is fantastic. Serious Bill Murray at his best and young hot ScarJo. Great flick.

Saw Rogue Nation last week. I hadn't seen any of the other M:I movies, but I liked this one. Good action. Plot was strong enough. Villain wasn't all that compelling, but it didn't matter that much.

Saw this last night. Solid movie. The scenes you've seen from the trailer are over in the first five minutes; the rest of the movie is great. Delivered.

i assumed brasky was saying 'it's Bill murray in a serious role at his best"

not "for serious bros, bill murray at his best"

Back