• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw this last night. Great movie. I was bummed there wasn't more. Even though they covered a lot of ground there was so much more I would have liked to have seen then dig in to. Interesting how a movie about events almost 30 years ago seems so relevant to discussions we are still having today. Either way the movie was fascinating, thought provoking, funny, heartbreaking...just a lot of the emotions you want a movie to elicit.

I was pulling for Compton to come in #1 again, if only to keep that Kirk Cameron jeebus movie out of 1st but that was not to be. (I don't know if Cameron is actually in it and I don't care, just that it's his type of movie)

Apparently the director's cut of Compton is 3.5 hours long. I hope that gets a Blu Ray release at some point.

Watched Terminator: Genysis on the way to Europe last week. The writing and acting in that movie are so absolutely terrible (as is the story). The horrible ratings make sense and I'm glad it didn't do well.

Watched Terminator: Genysis on the way to Europe last week. The writing and acting in that movie are so absolutely terrible (as is the story). The horrible ratings make sense and I'm glad it didn't do well.

I turned it off halfway through. The plot was nonsensical.

I just saw MI:5 and enjoyed it. That british spy chick was smoke and I really liked that she could hold her own. I'd watch a Ilsa Faust move.

Saw Run Lola Run for the first time last week. Thought it was really good.

Just powered through some popcorn shit:

San Andreas: everything you expect it to be. It's 2012 Part II: The Rock Rescues. Both female leads also have huge cans.

Spy: pretty damn hilarious, and I'm not a McCarthy fan. Byrne and Statham are the best parts of the film.

Tomorrowland: should've been better. The concept is a convoluted and Clooney is mis-cast. Maybe Brad Bird should stick to animation.

Just saw She's Funny Like That. Never heard of it before and just came across it on demand. It's great. Light, funny and ridiculous. Great cast.

20 years later, finally watched M:I. Not terrible - I've heard the sequels are pretty good.

20 years later, finally watched M:I. Not terrible - I've heard the sequels are pretty good.

For some reason any time somebody says something is all gone or dead in my head all I hear is Tom Cruise screaming "THEY'RE DEAD, CLAIRE. THEY'RE ALL DEAD"

I re-watched The Warriors and The Great Escape the other night.

Warriors was even better than I remembered.

ZO4BrLR.gif

Late to the party but watched John Wick last night. Good solid action revenge movie. Only gripe was soft speaking and loud music made me have to rewind a time or three to catch what someone said. #old? Could have sworn someone told me 40 was the new 30. I knew that was bs.

Late to the party but watched John Wick last night. Good solid action revenge movie. Only gripe was soft speaking and loud music made me have to rewind a time or three to catch what someone said. #old? Could have sworn someone told me 40 was the new 30. I knew that was bs.

i dunno man but I had the same problem with that movie

Super late but man Mad Max was so fucking good. Jesus. What a treat to watch. Turned it up super loud, got strong, drank beer, and really just enjoyed the fuck out of it. That was outstanding.

That's definitely the way to watch it.

Back